Asami Sato - 1

Korra's POV

I wake up to an annoying repetitive beeping noise. Blindly, I try to find my phone with my hand. I fumble around a bit until I can feel it. I finally open my eyes immediately startled by the sun shining through my curtains. "What the hell? Why is it so bright? Wh-what time is it?" I turn the alarm on my phone off and check the time. "10:30?! How is it so late?!" I trudge out of bed and get my gym clothes out - a blue tank top and grey sports leggings. I grab my phone and headphones and start walking from my house to the gym.

I notice a moving van outside of the house next door. Curious to know who my new neighbour will be, I look around and spot the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Her black glossy hair falls down her back in curls, her full crimson lips complement her flawless pale skin perfectly, her eyes are a beautiful pale green. I walk up to her with a slight tinge of pink on my cheeks.
"Hey, guess you're my new neighbour, then." I say, flashing her a smile. "Oh, hi! It's really nice to meet you. It's  Asami Sato." She holds out a hand that I awkwardly shake. "Wait, you seem familiar. This probably sounds ridiculous, but you wouldn't happen to be Avatar Korra, would you?" I feel myself blush more at the adorably excited expression on her face. "Um, as a matter of fact I am. I, um, I like your motorcycle." I gesture to the vehicle parked next to a beautiful vintage-style car by her new home. "Oh, thanks!" She smiles sweetly and I think I feel myself melt. "Well, I really should- er....head to the gym now. So I hope I see you around, Asami Sato." She smiles another sweet smile. "Me to, Avatar Korra." I start to walk off to the gym, blushing rather deeply.

I arrive at the gym and look around for my work-out buds, Bolin and Mako. I suddenly spot them by the water fountain, so I catch Bolin's eye and jog over. "Well, someone looks a little smitten." Jokes Bolin. "Wha-what? Smitten? Me? That's absurd....." The brothers both raise their eyebrows at me in doubt. "Come on, Korra, you couldn't be worse at lying." Says Mako jokily. I playfully punch him in the arm. "Okay, maybe there might be a super hot girl moving in next door that I'm head-over-heels gay for." They both look at each other excitedly. "Woah, looks like Korra's got herself back in the game! So what's her name?" Asks Bolin. I chuckle at how much of a supportive friend he is. "Asami Sato." Both of them raise their eyebrows at each other nervously and look away. "What?" What are they so worried about? "Erm, did she have a really fancy car and a motorcycle?" Asks Mako. "As a matter of fact, she did." "Okay she, uh, kind of, sort of was my girlfriend before I started dating you....."

Mako can't even look me in the eye. "Woah, Mako, I don't wanna make things awkward for either of you." Mako looks me in the eye and his exprsession softens a little. "Korra, it's fine. We're still pretty good friends. I only said that because I didn't want it to be awkward for you and her. Go get her!" I give him a genuine smile. "Yes! I ship it! Asam..ra? Korrasa..mi! Korrasami fo life!" I giggle at Bolin being a hard-core shipper. "Okay, now let's go do some workin' out!"