The Party - 11

Sorry for this late update!
Btw just to let you know there's some pretty angsty angst towards the end of this chapter so if yoy need to mentally prepare, you have been warned!
Anyways, enjoy! 💛

Time Skip to Halloween

Korra's POV

"What do you think?" Asami asks, stepping out of her bedroom dressed as Sapphire from Steven Universe. Blue is a good colour on her, she should wear it more often.

"You look amazing, love. Now let's go to this party." I say smiling at her.

"Yeah, I'm so excit-WAH!" I try to contain a chuckle as Asam I trips on her long dress. I hold out a hand and help her up to find she's laughing so I let it all out.
"Okay, that was funny, but now I'm terrified of falling so can I hold onto you?" She says. I chuckle lightly.

"Of course. Now let's go!" I walk slowly with her out of my house, her clutching my arm tightly.

Time Skip to arrival at party

"Hey guys! I love your costumes." Says Bolin, welcoming us into his house. The party's already kicked off, a lot of people are already here. Some of them I don't recognise, but then again, Bolin is pretty much friends with everyone under the sun, so it doesn't surprise me.

"Your costume's not bad either, Luegi." Asami says as we admire his fabulous fake moustache.

"Oh my goodness, you will never guess who I convinced to be Mario." He says, turning indoors. "Mako!" He calls out. Mako awkwardly walks towards us and all three of us try to contain out laughter. Never did I think I would see the day when Mako wears a fake moustache.

"I can not believe you made me wear this." Mako says, brooding at all of us. We all remain silent, in fear we'll laugh if we so much as OPEN out mouths. Mako sighs and rolls his eyes. "Fine, you can laugh." He says dryly. The whole party stares at us for a second as we burst into hysteria.

"So anyway," Mako says, trying to change the subject, "YOU two are wearing a couple's costume. This wouldn't mean you're a couple, would it?" Mako says bluntly.

"Should we tell them?" Asami mouths to me and I nod.

"Spot on, actually! We've been dating for about two weeks now. We thought this would be a good time to tell out friends, seeing as we'd be out here all couple-costumed up." I explain with a smile.

"OH MY GOD YES I AM SO HAPPY MY OTP IS FINALLY CANON I AM SO PROUD OF YOU WELL DONE MY CHILDREN!!!!" Bolin squeals in excitement, causing the party to all look at us weirdly, then realise it was just Bolin fangirling and just turn back to what they were doing.
"Sorry. I need to calm down. What I'm basically trying to say is I've been rooting for you, and I'm so glad you're now together!" Bolin says, his eyes shining.

"Yeah, I'm so happy for the both of you." Mako says, smiling sincerely. I'm glad he's not being jealous or weird about this. He's a good guy.

"Thanks to both of you for being so understanding." Asami says in that sweet voice O I find myself falling more and more in love with.

"I'll go get us some drinks to celebrate!" I say, smiling and heading off to where the drinks are. I reach for a cup but am stopped by someone talking to me.

"Hey, I love your Ruby costume!" A girl with sharp blue eyes and jet balck hair in a steam punk-ish costume says.

"Oh, thanks. Your costume's pretty cool as well! So you're into Steven Universe, huh? Have you seen the new season?" I say, excited to find someone who shares an obsession with me.

"Yes, it's so good! The only thing I want more of from Steven Universe is more Ruby and Sapphire moments- they're so cute together!" She says, smiling.

"Yes! Wait, uh sorry, can I just quickly grab those cups behind you?" I say grabbing at the red cups behind her.

"Yeah, sure! Here's the punch bowl." She says, passing it over to me. I fill the cups with the bright red icy liquid.

"Anyways, yes, they are so cute together! I actually came here with my girlfriend, she's come as Sapphire."

"Really? Where is she?" I turn around to look through the crowd and spot Asami with Bolin and Mako. I point to her.

"She's just there."

"Wow, her costume's great! You two seen perfect for each other. Anyways, you probably want to bring these drinks over to your friends. It was nice talking to you! Hope I see you round some other time." The girl says smiling at me. I smile back.

"Yeah, hope I see you soon. Bye!" I say and pick the drinks up, taking a quick sip from the one nearest to me, but instantly cringe as I notice a strange bitter, burning aftertaste from the alchoholic punch. But it's not the sort you get from drinking alcohol.

"Did Bolin go a little overboard on the vodka? This punch has a real- hm...kick to it." I say coughing a bit. I frown a little as the girl walks towards me, a sinister smirk on her face. All of a sudden, I feel woozy. My legs go weak and I drop to the floor.

"So it's already kicking in, good." She says.

What? I try to say but I can't form words.

My eyes widen as the mechanical looking glove that seemed to fit with her costume lights up with what looks like electricity.

I try to get up, but I can't.

I can't even scream when the electric glove makes contact with my shoulder, sending a seating, burning pain through my body that numbs it.

And then, I see nothing.

Nothing but darkness.

Hope you enjoyed it! See you next chapter! 💛💛