Save Her - 13

Enjoy! 💛💛

Korra's POV

"Who are you? Where are you taking me?" I attempt to ask, but it only comes out in muffled sounds due o the duct tape on my mouth. The people in the van ignore me.

"It looks like we're being chased." I hear the girl say to the driver.
"You speed up. Chi-blockers, get out there! We can't let Amon down, you know the consequences."

My eyes widen when she says 'Amon'. I knew of him, of course, but I never thought of him as a threat. All I'd seen were a few protesters at the park. I never expected for something like this to happen.

"I see you're a little shocked, Avatar Korra." Says the girl, a sadistic smile on her face."You see, the world no longer has any use for you. Bending is no longer needed in this world. You should be glad Amon is going to cleanse you of your impurity." I glare at the girl with all I have, hoping I'm not revealing how terrified I am.

Asami's POV

I drive as fast as I can after the van. I am not losing Korra. I will never let that happen. People in strange outfits jump out of the van and advance on us. Mako punches blasts of fire at them, but they dodge most of the attacks and manage to get closer.  Bolin bends rocks and the occasional bit of lava at them, knocking some back but most manage to avoid them and advance. One of them attacks Mako, but not with bending. I recognise it immediately.

Chi-blockers.

I push down on the excelerator and speed up as much as I can. It's incredibly difficult to fight chi-blockers, and we have to get to Korra.

"Bolin, give us cover!" I yell.

"On it!" He responds, bending dust around us and hiding us.

I see the van take a turn round a corner. I sharply turn the car in that direction.

"Brace yourselves!" I yell as we skid round the corner. Now we've got the chi-blockers off our backs and we've caught up, I think we've got a chance of getting Korra.

"Bolin, could you bend a wall up in front of them?" I command.

"On it!" A wall erupts from the ground, causing the van to come to a very abrupt stop. We stop a few metres back and I jump out the car, sprinting to the van with the two brothers.

Bolin uses his lavabending to create a spinning blade. He cuts down the middle of the back doors of the van. Mako yanks the door open, and there we see three people crowded around Korra, who is handcuffed down to the bottom of the van with duct-tape on her mouth. A girl next to Korra gets out of the van in front of it. I approach her as Bolin and Mako take on the other two people getting out the van.

"Clever tricks, but you're not getting the Avatar. How do you expect to fight in a dress that long, anyway?" She chuckles. I glare as I rip the bottom of my skirt and come at her whilst she's laughing.

Come and get it, bitch.

Taken aback, she throughs a lazy punch at me out of instinct, but I catch it and take that opening as an opportunity to flip her and bang her against a wall of the van, leaving her unconscious.

I look over to Bolin and Mako, who have managed to get everyone off their backs. I call them over and jump in the van. The driver seems like he's about to drive off. Mako glares and storms up to him. He yields a threatening fist of fire at the driver, causing him to whimper and take his hands off the wheel. I kneel down and untie Korra as fast as I can. I pick at a corner of the duct tape on her mouth but give her a worried look.

"This is gonna hurt, okay?" Korra nods but closed her eyes in anticipation.

"Okay, three..two..one!" I rip it off and Korra screams. I cut her off by bringing her into a close embrace, tears of joy streaming down my face.

"I'm so glad you're okay. I don't know what I would've done if we didn't save you. I pull her close and plant a kiss on her (slightly red from the duct tape) lips, and she kisses back as well. We pull apart, and she nuzzles her head into my chest.

"You saved me. Thank you." She says quietly, and I stroke her soft hair.

"I will always be there to save you, Korra."

A/N
Hey, sorry for the late update! I hope you enjoyed that. Happy New Year, btw! 🎉🎉
See you next chapter! 💛💛