Falling for Her - 7

Korra's POV

I open my ocean blue eyes and wake up to a place I don't recognise at first. I start to get in a state of panic when I realise I am very close to a very sleepy neighbour of mine. Then the memories of yesterday come flooding back in. I blush a little at how close me and Asami are- her face very close up to mine, my arm around her slender frame, head nuzzled into her chest.

Asami opens her beautiful eyes and looks at me. She looks adorable. Her hair is slightly messy but still has it's beautiful softness and her eyes are slightly lidded but they have a sparkle to them. She blushes a little but then smiles at me.

"Guess we fell asleep. Sorry for having you round so late."

"Oh no, it's fine. I had a great time last night, by the way. We should do that more often."

I get up, yawn and stretch, still keeping the raven haired girl close to me.

"You wanna have breakfast? I've not got a lot, just some cereal and stuff."

"Breakfast sounds great."
.
.
.
I walk the short walk back to my house from Asami's. I'm really happy I've gotten to know her better. Every time I meet her I fall for her a little harder. I've got to ask her out some time. But how? I'm not exactly the best at expressing my feelings towards people. I'm also uncertain of her feelings towards me. Does she feel a romantic connection as well? Does she even feel romantically towards girls? I don't know. I need help. And who better to ask than my good friends Bolin and Mako? Both had quite a bit of experience in dating, or at least more experience than me. I phone them up and invite them round. Luckily, today is the day where I get a break from all the crazy avatar stuff.

"Okay guys, thank you for coming. I need your help with something." I am pacing in front of the brothers like anarmy officer as they exchange eye contact that says 'Okay just go with whatever she says she's gone insane'.

"So as you know, I have become more than a little fond of my dearest neighbour Asami Sato. Yesterday I was at her home and we had a very heartfelt deep conversation for hours before watching Rick and Morty and falling asleep in each other's arms. This morning I woke up to her beautiful tired figure close to mine and-"

"Okay, Korra, just get to the point." Says Mako, mockingly rolling his eyes. I glare at him and then continue rambling.

"So now I know that I've fallen in love with her based on the following facts: 1: She likes Rick and Morty. This officially makes her a keeper." Bolin laughs and nods in agreement.

"Very true."

"Very true indeed. Going onwards, 2: She likes Twenty One Pilots. 3: She sings and plays the piano AKA is a total dreamboat." I notice the surprised look on Mako's face at that comment.

"Asami sings? I knew she liked music, but I didn't know she could sing."

"I was surprised too. Anyways, 4: She is adorable. And number 5: She is intelligent and funny, an important combination in a person. So I now know I have to ask her on a date before she gets whisked away by someone else. The only problem is, as I'm sure the pair of you know, I haven't exactly been blessed by the spirit of flirting."

"Okay, Korra. The first thing you have to do is actually think of a date to go on. Might I suggest not going to a restaurant because boring and doing something that involves an interest you both share. That way, the both of you will have fun together and realise you are soulmates and then get married!" Bolin's eyes are shimmering like a fangirl who's OTP just became canon ((I think all of us have been Bolin at this point)) Me and Mako both laugh at Bolin's enthusiasm.

"Okay, thank you for your input Bolin. That is some damn good advice I plan to use. Interests we share......well, I guess we both like music?" I practically see a light bulb ping up above Mako's head.

"My friend's band is doing a garage concert pretty soon. His music's something I think you and Asami would like. How about that?" She

"That sounds cool! But when and where?" Mako scrolls through his phone to find out.

"Next Saturday, 7:00, near the Pro-Bending Arena. Please just take her out then. I don't care what you have on, just take her out."

I widen my eyes a fraction at his response. "Will do. What's with this sudden need for us to date?"

"I want you two to be happy, that's all." He replies stoicly the slightest blush on his cheeks.

"Awwwwww." Says Bolin as he pulls both of us into a hug. I laugh a little at Mako's annoyed expression, and pretend not to notice the slight smile tugging at his lips.

A/N

Sorry for not updating in ages! This chapter wasn't great, I know, but I'll try and make up for it next chapter! Btw, I want to try and start writing a new x Reader oneshots type thingy, but I'm not sure which character to write about. If you have any requests, please let me know! I'm in a lot of fandoms, so I'll hopefully be able to do your idea (That doesn't mean I'll stop writing this). Thank you for reading this chapter! Xx