Blankets, Hugs & Coffee Mugs - 15

I haven't updated in AGES- I'm so sorry! I've been quite busy at the moment and haven't had much time to write.
Btw you can play the song I added if you like- I'll probably be adding more music to my writing now, I just think it sets the scene well idk
Enjoy this chapter! 💛

Korra's POV

"Korra." A sweet voice interrupts my dreams. My eyes slowly flutter open to see Asami laying next to me in her bed.

"Good morning, honey. How are you feeling?" My eyes widen a bit as I have a flash back to the events of last night.

I think about her question for a bit. How am I feeling? I feel better about the situation. I've definitely been through worse. I guess I was so shocked because the last year, everything's been pretty peaceful, so I've just been training and focusing more on my personal life. But, in a way, I'm almost glad this happened. It was a wake up call for me to be more responsible.

"Better than yesterday." I say simply.

"That's good, but I'm still going to look after you today. You went through a lot, considering how relaxed the last year has been for you. I want to make sure you're okay before you can go out kicking ass again." Asami places a hand on mine and smiled at me. I smile back at her. She's just so perfect, inside and out. She somehow manages to remember things I told her a while ago, and she always knows what I need and I just love her.

"You know I love you, right?" I say with a soft smile. Her face softens and she gives me a light kiss on the forehead.

"Of course I do. I love you too. Now, let's go get some breakfast for you." She link her fingers with mine and leads me to her living room.

I sit down on her squishy leather sofa and wrap myself in one of her red plaid blankets.

"What would you like- cereal, toast or pancakes?" Asami calls from the kitchen.

"Pancakes sound good, if it's not too much trouble to make them." I shrug.

"Pancake mix, love. What kind of nerd has time pancakes from scratch?" She says. I laugh and nod.

"Fair point." I say to her, thinking of all the failed pancakes I've made in my time.

lil' time skip

Asami's POV

I serve the pancakes onto two plates and top them with maple syrup and berries. I walk out of the kitchen and hand Korra a plate of pancakes and then a mug of coffee, as well as sitting down next to her with some pancakes and coffee of my own.

Korra takes a bite of the pancakes and her ocean blue eyes widen in child-like wonder, causing me to giggle a bit.

"These...are amazing! Where did you learn to cook like this?!" Korra says, her mouth full of food.

"I really can't cook, Korra. I just happen to be able to add some milk to pancake mix and not burn it." I say, taking a big bite of the pancakes.

"Yeah, exactly. You manage to not burn them." Korra says. I laugh and wrap an warm around her. She cuddles into me and wraps the blanket around the two of us.

"I should teach you the art of not burning pancakes some time." I say with a smile. Korra blushes as I kiss her nose.

"Yeah. I'd like that."

Sorry this was kind of short, but I hope you liked it! Sorry it's been a while, I've been kinda busy lately. I recently read through the book and there are some thimgs I might change a bit about the story, so you might want to read chapters from earlier on because I will be changing them a bit!
Anyways, until next chapter,

Kate 💛