Even If It's A Lie - 5

A week later
Korra's POV
((This is a text conversation))
Asami: Hey Korra! I hope you're doing well at the moment. I was wondering if maybe you'd like to come round my house a little later? It's been a little while since we last met and I want to catch up!

Korra: I'd love to come round! I'll bring snacks :) What time?

Asami: THANK YOU! Time? Now, if you're free.

Korra: I'm on my way

I feel a slight rush of nerves. I can go to her house. Pshh, no big deal. Totally chill! I think, though I'm not sure how much I'm reassuring myself. I rush to my kitchen and find my emergency pack of doritos. I slip on my trusty pair of converse and head out the door.

I knock on the crimson door and after a few seconds of rustling inside, I'm met with Asami's adorable smile. "Korra! I'm so glad to see you! By the way the doritos are much appreciated." I giggle a bit whilst she brings me into a tight hug.

"Great to see you too, Asami." I look around and admire Asami's interior design skills. "Wow, I love what you've done with the place!" She blushes slightly and looks to the floor.

"Well, ya know, I guess I picked up a little bit from reading magazines and stuff. Want a tour?"

"I'd love a tour!"

Asami takes my hand and gives me a smile. "Well let's get started, then."

Asami's POV

"Here's my living room where the best thing in the house, my TV is!" I tell Korra. I notice her gawking at everything, especially the large flat screen tv on the wall.

"If you don't mind me asking this, how do you manage to afford all of this?" She asks. "Well, my Dad is Hiroshi Sato, and-"

"YOU'RE DAD IS HIROSHI SATO? AS IN THE CREATOR OF THE SATOMOBILE?" I giggle at her shocked expression.
"Yeah. I get that a lot. Anyways, I've always had an eye for engineering, so I now work as a head engineer at Future Industries. When my Dad retires, I might even get to be CEO."

"Wow, that is awesome!" I feel a slight heat on my cheeks and smile at her.

"You're the Avatar! I don't really know if you'd exactly call me awesome in comparison."

"Are you kidding me? You're a genius engineer and possible future CEO of FUTURE FRICKING INDISTRIES! That's awesome!"

"Wow, thank you! Ya know, when I tell people who my Dad is they usually just assume I'm some spoilt brat rich off of Daddy's money. It-It's not often people recognise my talents over my Dad's. Thank you. It means a lot."

It really does mean a lot. Even my now best friend Opal judged me before getting to know me about that. But Korra sees past that. Korra understands me. I think my little crush on Korra is starting become a little more than just a crush.

"I can't believe people think that of you. You're awesome! You're kind and strong and smart and a total badass and beautiful...ly articulate." I see her cringe adorably at the last thing she said.

Dork.

I blush a little and look at her. "Thank you." I notice our faces are edging closer together. Just before I actually get to make a move on her, I lean back and blurt out; "Let's move on with the tour, why don't we?"
I see the subtlest grin on her mouth after my display of social awkwardness. I get up and walk down to the first room I get to. Inside are records, CD' s, band posters and a small black piano. This is my music room.

"Asami, you play piano? Wait, you like Twenty Øne Piløts?"

"Yeah, I've played piano since I was 6. And Twenty Øne Piløts are my favourite band!"

"I LOVE Twenty Øne Piløts! They are the best! And since you were 6, huh? Wow, you must be pretty good! Mind showing me something?"
I pause for a moment, trying to think of a song to play for her. I then remember a song that hits me the hardest. That makes me cry whenever I hear it.

"I'd love to."

Korra's POV

I watch Asami sit on the stool of the piano. She puts her fingers on the keys and begins to play. It's beautiful, slow, simple, but beautiful. And then, to my surprise, she begins to sing.
((This is not an original song. This song is by Matt Maltese and it's called 'Even If It's A Lie'. Here's the YouTube video of you want to listen to it))

"I was growing younger day by day,
There was love and it was all the range,
And I watched you with a wonder in eye."
I'm amazed by her voice, it's soft and sweet yet so emotionally powerful.
"Now I know the girl I should've known,
Now I feel the love I should've shown,
And I pull you in, but you push me out."
The song is beautiful. I don't recognise it, but the lyrics hit me in the heart. I've never heard music like this before.
"And I know,
You don't love me so
But please say it
Once, before I go.
I know that you can't feel me
Tell me that you don't love me
Just say it one more time.
Now come on darling,
I'll step lightly.
Live on as if you still love me,
Just say it one more time,
Even if it's a lie.
Even if it's a lie."
I close my eyes to take in the music. I'm not usually this moved by music.
"The colours in the dress you used to wear,
The way that you'd put up your golden hair,
But I'll turn the lights down and leave.
Oh, all the ways that I could say it now,
You're the girl to take away my doubt.
But it's too late
And we're too young to know."
I feel tears slightly picking at my eyes, so I keep them shut. This song is somewhat relatable to me. It hurt to let go of Mako, in fact, it still hurts, but now I know that both of us have moved on. I don't think you ever stop loving someone, but that love can turn into a different kind of love or be outshined by love for others. I don't feel romantic love for him, but I love him for how good a friend he's been.
"And I know,
You don't love me so,
But please say it once before I go
I know that you can't feel me
Tell me that you don't love me
But say it one more time
I'm going darling I'll step lightly
Live on as if you still love me
Just say it one more time
Even if it's a lie
Even if it's a lie
Even if it's a lie."
I hear Asami's voice break a little on the last note before the piano playing ends and open my eyes to look at her.

Tears are falling from her beautiful pale emerald eyes.

A/N
I'm sorry for any mistakes in the lyrics of the song! I know I cut it short, I just didn't want it to drag on for too long.
I actually cried whilst writing that chapter! Please listen to the song if you haven't, it deserves more recognition and is purely beautiful!