Comfort - 6

Korra's POV

"A-Asami?" She looks up to my ocean blue eyes, her beautiful green ones sparkling with tears that are slowly falling out. "Oh, um, Korra...I-I'm fine! Just um....hay fever." I don't even pretend to believe her and pull her into a tight hug. I whisper into her raven hair, "I think both of us know that isn't true. Now please, tell me, what is it?" Asami looks to the ground and sighs.

"I-It's my ex, Mako." I try not to look to surprised at this, I already knew Asami was with Mako, but she seems to be hurting like me. "I don't miss..him. It's being loved, in a relationship, sharing your heart with someone else. Especially since me and my dad have always been a little distant, even when I still lived with him. Ever since I lost my Mum, Dad's used his job to distract himself from the hurt. He bought me everything that a kid could ask for, but he ignored the fact I needed to be loved. I think it's because he sees..her..in me." She sobs even harder.

"Asami....I understand the way that you're hurting. I'm feeling the same hurt as you. I'm glad you've opened up to me. When I left Ma-my ex, I was so hurt. I never..really stopped loving him, but our relationship was bad. I don't have romantic feelings for him any more. But I still find myself missing that feeling of having someone always there for you. It's confusing and it hurts. Do you..wanna talk about it?" Asami pulls back from my shoulder, still staying in the embrace.

"Yes. Let's go to my sofa. You're good at talking to people Korra." She rewards me with a small smile, and I return her a smile with a small blush.

Asami's POV

We walk over to my living room, Korra's arm around my shoulders and me leaning into her chest. It's nice being this close and vulnerable with her. Korra sits down on the leather sofa. I sit down next to her and she faces me and puts both hands on my shoulders.

"Asami, I'm so sorry you feel like this. I'm really sorry you lost your mum....I can't even imagine what that feels like." I look at her meaningfully. Korra's words make me feel so safe and loved. I can tell She's a great Avatar.
"It's fine. It's not your fault. I didn't get to know her that well, but it definitely feels as if there's something missing from my life. My Dad refused to ever find another woman to love. I-" I realise how miserable I'm being and how awkward and annoying it must be for Korra to sit through this. "I'm sorry for being so pathetic Korra. It's probably not what you wanted to do and I'm really-"
"Asami. Don't apologise. You can't bottle all your feelings up. I am here for you, and though I don't like seeing upset, talking with you and getting to know you better is important to me. I really want to get to know you Asami. Im so glad you moved in next door. Talk to me about everything that you're willing to share." I look at Korra with wide eyes. I have that feeling of being close with someone I had with Mako.
"Thank you, Korra." I pull her into a warm embrace.

We spend hours together. I talk to her about everything and she talks to me about everything that's bothering her. I learn some things about her. How she struggled with being the Avatar at first because she was shut out from the world and didn't have much experience with the world and it's issues. How at first she was hot-headed, ignorant and egotistical since she hadn't truly understood how people work yet.
"I learnt after a while that there is no such thing as a good or bad person. People are complicated mixes of their own experiences. People do good and bad things for reasons. No one is completely perfect or evil. I need to be more compassionate towards others in order to be a strong and balanced Avatar." I listen to her speak intently. She is incredibly wise. I struggle to believe that she was egotistical or ignorant at one point- she's so wise and mature.
"Asami, okay there's something I've known for a while I need to tell you. Okay.....when I met you I told my good friend Mako about you. He told me you were his ex, and, er.......that's something we share in common. I dated Mako about half a year after he broke up with you. I'm sorry for not telling you."
I look up at her and smile. "It's fine. I'm over him. Love's out of both of our control, so how could a shared ex effect our friendship?" At the word 'friendship' I feel like telling her I'm completely in love with you and want to be more than friends but then realise that would make things awkward. Korra hugs me tighter and gives me a toothy grin. "I'm so glad you're not being mad or bitchy about this. I know some girls would, so I'm thankful for your kindness."

"I know right?! Why can't some girls be more understanding of how love works?" Me and Korra laugh together. "Okay, so now I'm thinking some Netflix and pizza? You in?" Korra almost interrupts me due to how fast her response is. "YES! Do you even need to ask?"
I phone up Dominoes and order our pizza and me and Korra decide what to watch.
"Okay, what do you think of Rick and Morty?" I ask her with most importance.
"Yes yes and 100% YEEES!!! Have you been watching season 3?"
We both laugh and eat pizza whilst watching Rick and Morty until both of us are exhausted. A little to exhausted, because when I wake up I'm on my leather sofa, a certain Avatar sleeping next to me, her arm over me and her face centimetres away from mine. I smile a little and close my eyes again.

A/N
Thank you for 110 reads! I know it's not a lot compared to other stories, but it means a lot to especially since I'm fairly new to the world of fan fiction. I'm sorry for not uploading too much, I've been pretty busy. I'll try to update whenever I can.