The Gym - 3

Korra's POV

I get out of bed, not as tired as yesterday, and ready to head off to the gym. Being the Avatar, I have to keep in shape so I need to train and go to the gym nearly every day. Bolin and Mako can afford to be a little less hard-core so today I'll be working out alone. Though I'm used to working out alone, I frown a little. I've always preferred being able to exercise with company. I shake off the feeling and change into my regular sports attire and head out the door.

Asami's POV

Today I've nothing to do, so I decide it would be a good day to check out the local gym. I enjoy working out, and not being a bender, it's important I have other ways of being able to defend myself. Not to mention, I might just bump into Korra again. I change into a dark red sports bra, dark grey shorts, a black hoodie and some black fingerless gloves (my main way of exercise is boxing) and head out of my door to the gym.

After paying at the front desk, I head into the locker room and lock away my bag, then enter the gym.

Korra's POV

I start my usual practice at the punch bags near the back of the gym. I land some basic punches and kicks as a warm up. I get ready to start my bending practice when I spot an awfully familiar girl with raven hair walking near me out of the corner of my eye.
"Hey Asami!" I say, glad to see my new neighbour. "Korra! You work out here too, huh?" She says happily. I nod my head. "I'm actually really glad to see a familiar face! I'm not really one for working out alone. Wanna join?" She nods. "I'm glad to get a chance to know you a little better." She says sweetly, causing me to blush.

*Time Skip*

I sit with Asami in the coffee shop near the gym. "Thank you for accompanying today, you're really great to practice with." I say, noticing a blush creep across Asami's face. Damn she's cute I think. "Oh, thank you! You're a great sparring partner. Being a non-bender, I need to know how to defend myself, so practicing with someone as strong as you was very important." Asami is now not the only one blushing. "You're really good at fighting, so I think you should be fine." I give her a genuine smile. "Uh, Korra?" "Yeah?" "I really enjoyed doing this with you. Would you be up to doing this again?" I flash her another smile, "Absolutely. I actually would be up to hanging out somewhere that isn't a gym as well." Asami blushes a little harder. "I'd be up to that too! If you ever feel like doing something, you can just come round, or uh...." She she gets her phone out and shows it to me "You could call or text me." I quickly put my exchange numbets with her and get up. "I'd happily spend all day with you, but unfortunately, I've got some avatar stuff to practice. I'll text you later. Bye!" I say, smiling gently. She smiles back and waves. "Bye!"

Asami's POV

I watch Korra leave the coffee shop and head off to wherever she's going. I smile and sip at my tea. I got her number. I actually got her number! I think to myself. Going to the gym was a good decision. I immediately think to tell my best friend, Opal. I whip out my phone and send her a quick text.

Asami: OMG OPAL I GOT THAT HOT GIRL'S NUMBER AAAAGGHHH!!!!

Opal: OMG OMG OMG HOW DID YOU GET IT TELL MEEEEEEEE

Asami: Okay so I basically just saw her at the gym so we decided to work out together.

Opal: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Asami: Opal!!! Anyways, so we both enjoyed working out together so we went back to the coffee shop nearby and then one thing lead to another AND WE WE EXCHANGED PHONE NUMBERS AAAAHHHH

Opal: AAAAHHHHHHH

Asami: AAAAAAHHHHHH

Asami: Okay I should really head back now so see ya later :)

Opal: Byeee x