The Concert - 8

A/N - This is the week after the events of the last chapter. Happy reading! 💛💛

Asami's POV

After a long work out me and Korra are sitting together, drinking well-earned coffees and chatting. Korra suddenly looks a little bit nervous- she's twiddling her thumbs and blushing slightly.

"Korra, what's up?" I giggle slightly, she is really cute when she blushes.

"Oh, um sorry. Okay, so there's this garage concert my friend of a friend's doing on Saturday. I thought it'd be cool if I could take you with me. His music's pretty cool."

Is this a date? Probably not. Wait is this a date?

"I'd love to come! What's he called, I'd love to listen to some of his music before. Also, what time and where?"

"Well, he's called Britney Spears-"

"Shut up!" I playfully punch her arm.
Korra chuckles.

"Uh, his name's Declan McKenna. The concert's at 7:00 near the Pro-Bending Arena. I'll pick you up, though I'm not completely sure how to get there yet."

"Sounds good! I can definitely do that. By the way, we can take my motorbike, if you want."

"Yes! That'd be great. Thank you!" Korra shifts her gaze to her watch, and a slight panicked look goes across her face. "Okay, I'm so sorry, but I have airbending practice and I gotta go NOW! I'll see you later! Have a great week!"
I giggle at her antics and say goodbye. I can't wait to tell Opal all about this.
.
.
Time Skip to date because why tf not
.
.
Korra's POV

I fumble around in my wardrobe, trying to pick a good outfit for the concert. I've not really mentioned it's a date to Asami, but I intend to let her know about my feelings tonight. I finally settle on an acceptable outfit - a grey t-shirt tucked into denim shorts, blue converse with a blue flannel tied round my waist. I pull a dark grey beanie over my short chocolate brown hair and decide I look good enough. I head out the door with the cookies I picked up for Asami earlier.

I knock on the crimson door and am met with Asami looking stunning. She's wearing a black tight-fitted bodysuit that shows off her beautiful curves, with some ripped jeans and a leather jacket.

"Hey! You look stunning." Asami blushes and looks to the floor.

"Thanks, you don't look so bad yourself!" I chuckle lightly as she plays with my beanie.

"I bought you those cookies you don't stop going on about." She grabs the cookies, happiness flooding her face. All of a sudden, she brings me into a tight embrace.

"This is the best present ever! Thank you so much!!" I laugh as she bounces up and down in excitement.

After she's calmed down, she closes her door behind her and walks over to her motorbike. She puts on her black helmet and passes me a spare along with an extra leather jacket.
"Safety first. Have you ever been on a motorbike before?"

"No, actually. The only thing I know how to drive is a polar bear dog." Asami chuckles.

"Okay, don't worry. It's not as scary as it seems. All you need to do is hold onto me." I blush a little at the thought of it.

"Come on, let's go!" I cautiously get on her motorbike and hold onto her waist for dear life. She starts the bike and it makes a loud noise before we go whizzing out of Asami's drive.
"AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!" I am terrified right now. We are going very fast. I choose to ignore the people staring and laughing at me right now (inclusive of Asami), I'm concerned for my fricking life right now.
.
.
After 10 minutes of terror and clutching so tightly onto Asami, I'm surprised her blood circulation hasn't cut off, we are finally at the concert.
"I can't believe the avatar, master of all four elements and general badass is terrified of going on a motorbike." Teases Asami. I give her my most deadpan expression.