Drifting off - 4

Korra's POV"Someone's a little late to training." Says a pretty annoyed Tenzin. "Oh, uh, sorry." I say, rubbing the back of my neck and giving Tenzin an apologetic look. I probably should not have spent half an hour after working out in the coffee shop with Asami. He shakes his head and looks at me, his expression softened and a gentle smile tugging at his lips. He clears his throat. "Right, let's get down to business ((to defeat the huns)) and start with some meditation."

I sit down with my legs crossed, focusing my mind. I do the exercise Tenzin taught me, and internally ask myself questions. Where am I? At Tenzin's house on Airbender Island. What am I doing? Meditating. How does the ground feel beneath me? Not exactly super soft, but comfortable. I focus on the breeze whipping my hair. And then suddenly, I'm thinking of Asami. Her beautiful pale emerald eyes. Her adorable blush. Her radiant smile. The way she fought with so much determination and fire within her at the gym. The way she- "Okay Korra, do you feel as if your mind has been cleared? We've been meditating for an hour now."
"Really? An hour? I feel like it's been 10 minutes. And yes, my mind feels cleared." I lie. Well, at least I'm not angry or anything. "Then I guess we should start airbending, then."
.
.
"Korra, what's on your mind?" I jump at Tenzin's voice interrupting the quiet around me.
"Oh, Tenzin, Hey! Um..What do you mean?"
Tenzin sits beside me and looks out to the view of Republic City. "I think it's fairly obvious today in practice you've been a little more......distant, than usual." I blush realising that he's right. I'd spent the whole of practice thinking about Asami.
"Err..well, um, you see there's this uh....girl, ya know who kinda, um....I met..the other day." All of a sudden Tenzing gets up, giving me a knowing smile. "I understand. A word of advice for you Korra: don't hide your feelings from other people." And with that, he walks back to the house. I'm left with a slight blush left on my cheeks and a slight smile. Tenzin's a great instructor, I think.

Asami's POV

"Asami? Asami? ASAMI??!!" I gasp in surprise and feel my cheeks burn as I realise I was thinking about Korra. I look back to see Opal with one eyebrow raised and her hands on her hips. "A little distant today, aren't you. Wait! You're blushing! You were thinking about Korra! ASAMI YOU'VE FOUND LO-"
"Shut up!" I say, my cheeks matching my deep red lips."How would you like it if I brought Bolin up every time you spaced out?"
Opal blushes furiously and looks away. "Bo and I are just friends."
I raise an eyebrow. " 'Just friends' my ass, you two are totally all over each other."
The pair of us burst into laughter. She looks at me with a serious expression. "Okay but what are we gonna watch on Netflix?" I chuck a pillow at her and roll my eyes whilst grinning. "Relevant?" She grabs my wrist and looks into my eyes. "This is a serious decision Asami." Opal's expression softens a little. "Okay, so what I'm thinking is Rick and Morty. I've literally been waiting for ages to watch the new episode so you don't murder me for watching it without you." I nod, and sit back, happy to watch our shared favourite show.
.
.
"Bye Asami! But before I go let us both promise that we will start dating our crushes before the end of next month." I give her a grin, "No promises. By the way, I thought you and Bolin were 'just friends'." Opal punches my arm playfully. "Oh come on, Asami, don't be so naive." She jokes. We both laugh and say good night.
I, of course, spend the whole night not sleeping and thinking of Korra.