{17}

Ethan's POV

No one said anything for an hour, until the doctor came out...

His name was Dr.Herrington, and he told us Elley suffered severe blood loss, thats why she blacked out. He also said that the bullet came out easily and she would recover in the next week. 

We all were so relieved and started hugging each other, I hugged the doctor first. He saved my girlfriend, I was internally grateful. 

"When can we see her?" I just wanted to see her. 

"It depends, she should wake in in the next 1-4 hours if your willing to stay." He smiled and walked away. 

"What happened to her in the first place?" Her mom asked us. 

"We honestly don't know, she wasn't answering my calls or texts so Veronica took us to her "thinking place" and she was just bleeding and someone shot her." I said, choosing my words carefully. 

The police spoke to us about an hour later and told us that they would check out the property that Elley was shot at. 

About 3 hours after Dr. Herrington talked to us, Elley woke up. 

The police said they needed to talk to her first to tell them what happened. I could tell she was stressed.

After they were finished, it was our turn. I ran into her room and hugged her body and kissed her lips very softly. I didn't want to hurt her. 

She looks very pale, yet happy to see us. 

"Hi, babe." She smiled as those words left her mouth. 

"Hi. I missed you." I said back. 

"I love you." Her eyes closed and she gave me a cheesy smile her's. 

"I love you more." I kissed her lips again, still very softly. 

She smiled again and then said hi to everyone else. I was grateful to have such a special role in her life.

Her mom asked her what happened and she explained to us that she was just swimming in the waterfall like she has done 1000 times before and then someone yelled something about hating her family and shot her. She said she quickly got out of the water because she knew if she didn't she would drown. 

Just as she got out, Veronica walked up and tried to help her and then she blacked out. 

Her mom looked so mad, there could have been smoke coming out of her ears. 

She said she had to go and started calling someone as she angrily walked out. 

The 4 of us just talked and hung out until around 8 when Veronica and Grayson had to go home. I stayed the night because I didn't want her being alone. 

I couldn't sleep, neither could Elley. 

"Ethan?" She said at about 3:00 am. 

"Yes?" I questioned. 

"I'm scared." She said simply, still looking at the ceiling. 

"I know. Do you want me to lay with you?" She replied with a soft yes, so I got up off the couch as she made room for me on her bed. 

I wrapped my arm around her body and lightly pulled her close to me. 

She slowly drifted to sleep, but I couldn't. I didn't want to. I let the girl I am so in love with, get hurt. I never wanted it to happen again. It never will happen again. 

I watched her, as her eyes fluttered. I felt her heartbeat and how it would suddenly speed up or slow down. I looked at all the freckles on her face. You know, the ones that you wouldn't see unless you were inches away from their face. I admired her, not in a creepy way, but a loving way. 

I finally fell asleep at about 6:00 am. I assumed Elley would be okay until I woke up. 

I dreamt of her and the life we would have together. Grayson was there too and we owned this big chunk of land in New Jersey and had two houses built on it. One for Grayson and his family and one for me and my family. 

In my dream we had a pet bird and 3 kids. I don't really remember their names but I know they were beautiful. The oldest was named Alexandra and we had two younger boys who were twins. I saw Grayson and I in them. 

I was woken up by Elley tugging on my shirt. 

"E, they need to take me back to get another X-ray, you have to get up." She giggled as she pushed me off the bed. I hope she would be back to her usual self soon. 

I would never rush her though, I mean she did go through a very traumatic thing. I totally understand if she needs to take her time.

Later that day, she came back from her X-ray and got changed into normal clothes. She was taking pain medication so she wouldn't feel the pain as much. 

She was almost back to her old self, except for the fact that she didn't want me to leave her side. 

I kind of liked it though, you know, taking care of her. It was kinda like I was her husband and she was sick. I bought her food and teddy bears and balloons, even though she deserves much more. 

Thankfully, she fell asleep fairly quickly and didn't wake up once. The doctors say she will recover soon.

(Welp I did not expect that this was going to be how it went, but yea!)