The Sorting

"Firs' years over here!" A huge man called.

Wait a second I know that huge man!

"Hey Hagrid!" Harry and I shouted.

"'Ello Harry, hello Elle!" He called back waving.

We followed Hagrid to a group of boats.

"Four ter a boat!" Hagrid instructed.

I grabbed Hermione's hand and dragged her into a boat with Harry and Ron. We all gasped when the castle came into view.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Hermione said.

"I-I cannot even." I said feeling speechless.

After we left the boats we gathered in a room before what we learned was the great hall. Then the blonde boy from the robes shop came over.

"So it's true then, what they said. Harry Potter is at Hogwarts!" He said looking at Harry but talking to everyone.

I felt kinda left out and wanted to say 'and Elizabeth Potter!' but I didn't.

"Don't need to ask your name." He said to Ron. "Red hair, freckles, hand-me-down robes, you must be a Weasley!"

That made me mad. I could tell Harry was upset too.

"Draco Malfoy." He said to Harry sticking his hand out, Harry ignored it. "You want to make sure you're hanging out with the right type, I can help you." He said cockily.

I snorted.

"What makes you think you're the 'right type'?" I asked using air quotes around right type.

"You don't want to be hanging around blood-traitors and mudbloods." He said sneering at Ron, Hermione, and I.

"Now you listen!" I said advancing towards him slowly. "You take that back right now!" I demanded.

"Why should I listen to a mudblood like you?" He asked looking a little scared.

I laughed. "I'll have you know Malfoy my blood is just as clean as yours is and so is their's!" I said pointing to Ron and Hermione.

"Who do you think you are?! Yelling at a Malfoy!" He demanded.

"What the heck is a Malfoy? Some sort of magical being that's above everyone else? Cause you look pretty average to me, maybe even under average." I said examining his features. "You don't look like anything special to me."

"How dare you!" He exclaimed.

"What? State my opinion that you look more like a ferret than a human." I said raising my eyebrows before walking towards my brother and friends.

However, Malfoy couldn't do anything back because just as I reached Harry, Ron, and Hermione the lady who rescued me walked in. I waved because I'm crazy and she smiled back.

"Students! I'm am professor McGonagall In a moment you will enter the great hall. When I call your name you are to sit on the stool and put the sorting hat on your head. When your house is chosen you will join your house members at the house table. While you are here your houses will be like your family." She explained. "Follow me."

We followed her into a huge room. There were four tables next to each other before us and behind us was another table with what must've been the teachers seated at it.

A ratty old hat was placed on a stool. Then the unexpected happened. The hat started singing!

After the song ended everyone clapped and McGonagall started calling names.

Abbott, Hannah was placed in Hufflepuff.

Angelo, Sadie was placed in Slytherin. She didn't look very happy about this and I decided I would ask her about it later.

And so it went. I wasn't really paying attention until I heard.

"Granger, Hermione!"

She sat there for a while before the hat shouted,

"GRYFFINDOR!!!!"

I clapped along with the red and gold table as she went and sat down. I looked around and saw the twins and Lee were also at that table.

I zoned out again until,

"Potter, Elizabeth!"

Aw crap. I walked to the stool and put on the hat trying not to look nervous.

"Hmmm a Potter eh?" A voice said.

"Whoa you can talk?" I asked it in my mind.

It chuckled. "Yes miss Potter I can."

I smiled.

"Now where to put you?

You'd be great in Slytherin but I don't think that's where you belong.

Hufflepuff is definitely out.

It's either Ravenclaw or Gryffindor.

You'd do great things in either one.

So miss Potter, which house are you in?

Are you smart or are you brave?" It asked.

"You're giving me the choice?" I asked it.

"That is correct." It said.

"I chose... Gryffindor." I said firmly.

"Very well. Good luck Miss Potter." It said before shouting, "GRYFFINDOR!!!!!!"

"Bye!" I thought before taking off the hat and joining my friends at the Gryffindor table.

I sat down between Hermione and Fred and watched Harry get sorted.

After a while the hat shouted, "GRYFFINDOR!!!!!" I cheered and clapped louder than anyone else overjoyed with the fact that my brother would still be with me.

After a while everyone had gone. Everyone but one.

"Weasley, Ronald!"

You could tell he was nervous. Who could blame him. Fred and George had told him that if he wasn't a Gryffindor they would disown him. However he had nothing to worry about because the hat had barely touched his heat before shouting, "GRYFFINDOR!!!!"

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

I hope you guys like this chapter!

Double Trouble is next!

Vote, Comment, Share!

Feedback

<3

Anna