Teachers

"Don't wanna be an American idiot." Sadie sang quietly as she walked down the corridor.

"Don't want a nation under the new media." I sang quietly from next to her.

"And can you hear the sound of hysteria?" Sadie sang the next verse.

"The subliminal mind screw America." I sang.

(A/N I know that's not the lyrics but I didn't want to skip the word and I didn't want Elle to actually say it so I replaced it)

"Welcome to a new kind of tension"

"All across the alien nation"

"Where everything isn't meant to be okay."

We entered the transfiguration classroom.

"Television dreams of tomorrow"

"We're not the ones who're meant to follow"

"For that's enough to argue"

We sat at an empty desk together.

"Well maybe I'm the faggot America" Sadie sang.

"Miss Angelo I will not have that kind of language in my classroom!" McGonagall scolded.

We giggled but stopped singing anyway.

"Now transfiguration is a..."

I kinda zoned out after that. I knew she was just going to go over rules and how tough this subject would be and yada yada yada.

"I'm not a part of a redneck agenda." I resumed the singing.

"Now everybody do the propaganda" Sadie continued.

"And sing along to the age of paranoia"

"Welcome to a new kinda tension"

"All across the alien nation"

"Where everything isn't meant to be okay."

"Television dreams of tomorrow"

"We're not the ones who're meant to follow"

"For that's enough to argue"

"Don't wanna be an American idiot"

"One nation controlled by the media"

"Information nation of hysteria"

"It's going out to idiot America"

"Welcome to a new kind of tension"

"All across the alien nation"

"Where everything isn't meant to be okay"

"Television dreams of tomorrow"

"We're not the ones who're meant to follow"

"For that's enough to argue"

And that's pretty much how it went the rest of the hour. Us singing, mostly Green Day and The Fray songs.

When class was dismissed we walked together to potions, I think I was the only Gryffindor who was happy that we have almost all our classes with the Slytherins.

"Sit down and be quiet." The greasy haired potions teacher said as he swept into the classroom.

That's right he swept, not walked. That's how different he is.

Anywho, when he said that everyone immediately shut up.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few... Who possess the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death." He said.

(A/N that is a direct quote from Harry Potter which I do NOT own)

After he said that I became interested. Maybe potions wouldn't be too bad after all.

"Now I am going to take roll, please say here, and only here, when I say your name." He said.

"Angelo, Sadie."

"Here"

And so it went. I didn't really pay attention, I was just barely listening for my name.

"Potter," he said my last name with a sneer and a look of utmost dislike.

"Elizabeth." He finished.

"Here!" I said happily.

He looked up, like he had with every other student. However this time it was different, when he looked at me his eyes softened and he muttered something that sounded like Lilly. I must've looked really confused because Sadie started giggling from next to me. Snape shook his head and the cold, hard look returned to his eyes.

"Ah Harry Potter," He said the last name once again with extreme hatred. "Our new celebrity." He sneered.

"Mister Potter tell me, what will I get if I add Powdered Root of Asphodel to an infusion of Wormwood?" He asked.

"I don't know sir." Harry replied.

"Hmm perhaps you will know where you will look if I tell you to find me a Bezoar?" He asked.

"I don't know sir." He said once again.

"I see, what is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfsbane?"

"I don't know, but I think Hermione does maybe you should ask her!" Harry snapped.

"I guess fame isn't everything. If you looked in your textbook you would know that if I added Powdered Root of Asphodel to an infusion of Wormwood it would create a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the draught of the living dead. A bezoar is a stone, taken from the stomach of a goat and can save you from most poisons. As for the the difference of Monkshoods and Wolfsbane, they are the same plant which also goes by the name of Aconite." He said.

I frowned. I don't get it, why is he being so rude?

The rest of the class period he talked about what we would need to do to accomplish the things we need in order to pass our exams, a.k.a. rules and responsibilities.

"Class dismissed. Miss Potter please stay back a minute." He said.

I told Sadie to go to charms without me and waited in the classroom.

"Umm, professor?" I asked, he was staring at me and I was a little weirded out.

"What, oh yes." He said snapping out of it.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked.

"No, just... Has anyone ever told you you look exactly like your mother?" He asked finally.

"No sir." I said.

"Oh well you are like a carbon copy." He said smiling. "We were best friends, your mother and I." He said.

"Was she nice?" I asked quietly.

"She was the nicest person in the whole school." He said, he was no longer looking at me but staring off into space as if remembering something.

"Sir I need to go I'm going to be late to charms." I said.

"Yes go ahead." He said.

I left the classroom and headed to charms. I was a little weirded out but I had this feeling of happiness inside of me. I was proud to be like her.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Heyo! I hope you like this chapter. I know the Snape part was kinda creepy and awkward but I felt like I needed to add it in there.

Anywho, what do you think about Sadie? And who likes Green Day and/or The Fray?

Vote, Comment, Share!

Feedback

<3

Anna