Chapter One

As he strummed the last note of his song on his guitar Julian Kyle smiled charmingly out at the crowd. He had earplugs in his ears to muffle out some of the screams of his fans.

Julian pulled the microphone off the stand and brought it closer to his lips, "You guys have been the best crowd tonight, thank you so much for letting me play for you!" He could hear the screams grow louder and he let a chuckle fall from his lips.

"I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your night, though it might be all down hill from here," he said as a smirk made its way across his face.

Julian stood up with his guitar strapped to his back and he gave a big grin waving his hand at the crowd. "Thank you Phoenix! Goodnight!"

He walked off stage to his manager talking on his phone. "No you promised to book us till tomorrow evening." Mark sighed angrily and said, "fine but don't expect a good review from us." His manager was tough but fair to him.

"There he is, great show kid." Mark said patting him on the back.

Julian rolled his eyes as he adjusted his guitar strap. "Thanks, but I think could use some work on that last song, I almost messed up the bridge."

Mark waved his hand to dismiss the comment, "oh nonsense, you were perfect."

Julian always got told that, but he was very hard on himself when it came to performances. He wanted everything to go perfectly, so he practiced constantly.

He was deep in thought about where he went wrong in his last song. He could probably speed up the tempo of it to make it go by quicker.

"Julian."

Julian snapped out of his thoughts and looked at his manager who had his arms crossed. "What? I wasn't listening."

Mark rolled his eyes, "I know you weren't." He kept his arms crossed as he said, "You have a date tonight with Layla."

Julian sighed and rolled his eyes as he walked towards his dressing room, Mark following behind him. "Why?"

Mark shut the door and turned to him saying, "look I know you don't like having to pretend with her, but it's better for your image."

Julian just plopped down onto his small couch and rest his arm over the back of it. "I don't get why you want me to keep this up?" "Wouldn't it increase sales if I was just single?" He shook his head letting out a heavy sigh

Julian was gay, he didn't see it as a big deal but everyone else did. He figured out he was gay a couple years ago when he was at an after part for an awards show. He got drunk and ended up flirting and making out with a guy.

Surprisingly when he woke up the next day he remembered it and spent more than six hours questioning his sexuality. Finally thinking about his past girlfriends, he realized why he always broke up with them. He never really felt any attraction towards them. This is what made him realize he was fully attracted to guys.

"Yes, but extra drama, equals more sales," Mark said leaning back against the door staring at Julian. He didn't want to make him do this, but the higher up people made his hands tied in this situation. "Layla know's your arrangement at least, plus you gained a friend out of it right?"

Julian rubbed his hand over his face, feeling tired of the conversation already. "Yeah sure, I guess."

Mark nodded his head and said, "good, glad were on the same page finally."

There was a knock on the door and Mark jumped slightly away from it, turning and opening the door to reveal a boy.

***