Chapter Eight

Julian left a few delicate kisses to Nova's soft lips before fully pulling away from him, but still let his hand linger on his cheek.

He felt alive. Like he had just downed a whole espresso in one gulp.

"Julian."

He slowly opened his eyes to see Nova's sparkling hazel ones looking at him with curiosity. "Yeah?"

"We can't be together can we?" Nova stated simply, fidgeting with his fingers.

Julian felt his heart falter at his words, he just felt his mood drop again. "Nova," he began but got interrupted by a knock to the door.

The boys both looked over to it and Julian sighed standing up. They would have to talk later.

He walked over to the door and opened it to reveal Mark standing on the other side. The manager saw the look in both the boys eyes and crossed his arms over his chest glancing between them.

"I interrupt something?," he asked raising an eyebrow.

"No, we were just talking," Nova answered surprisingly quick as he stood up. He gave a light smile and as he said, "I'm going to take a shower."

Julian and Nova gave each other one last look before he closed the two doors to the bedroom behind him, the shower turning on a few seconds later.

Julian looked back towards Mark who was already watching him. He cleared his throat before speaking.

"What?"

Mark just shook his head, "nothing, I just came to tell you that the press is having a field day with what happened at your concert."

Julian immediately felt defensive, "what happened wasn't Nova's fault." He wasn't going to let anyone blame Nova for what he couldn't control.

"I know," Mark answered back, assuring the singer that he agreed with him. "You just know how reporters can be, but you'll be happy to know your fans started a hashtag, or whatever it is called, on twitter for Nova."

Julian couldn't help but smile and chuckle. He loved his fans. "I'll tweet something out to thank everyone."

Mark nodded, "that wasn't the only thing I wanted to talk about though."

He bit his lower lip, Julian had a feeling of what he was going to ask next. "Yeah?"

"I saw the way you both looked each other downstairs, and I've noticed for a while how close you both seem to each other. So," he paused before continuing. "I guess I'll just be blunt," Mark chuckled.

"Do you want to be with him?"

Julian inhaled sharply, he knew Mark was going to ask that, but he still didn't want to tell his manager. He was afraid that he was going to fire Nova. And Julian couldn't bare if he caused it.

"If I said yes would you fire him?" Julian looked at him with his dark blue eyes, his face staying emotionless.

Mark sighed and let his hand go through his black hair, "no, I can't be the one to make you unhappy like that."

"So you'll get someone else to fire him?"

"No Julian," Mark said frowning at the singer. "I won't let anyone fire him, if you want to be with him then I'll do what I can to make sure it stays hidden as long as it can."

Julian blinked, he didn't expect that. "Won't you get in trouble though for letting it go on?"

"Listen Julian, I don't really care if I get fired." "They can do whatever they want to me, I could honestly care less," Mark snorted.