Chapter Seventeen

"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." Kahlil Gibran

"Did I have to dress like this?" Julian mumbled as he fixed his collar on the black blazer he had on.

"Yes," Mark typed on his phone as the elevator started rising upwards. "If you really want this to happen Julian, you need to be as professional as possible in these situations, or they won't take you seriously."

Julian let out a sigh, shifting from foot to foot, being both nervous and excited. He had finished the first half of his European tour, and was allowed a little break before he started the second half. So Mark was able to set up a meeting with Julian's label to talk about him finally being able to come out.

"What if they say no?" Julian asked with worry clear in his tone, looking at Mark while chewing on his bottom lip anxiously.

Mark frowned softly and turned to him, holding both his shoulders firmly. "Julian, I will do whatever it takes to convince them that it's okay for you to be out. That it's okay for you to be gay," he said softly but seriously. Mark knew having to hide this big part of him for so long tore Julian up inside. So he needed to be told that there was nothing wrong with him.

Julian just threw his arms around Mark in a tight hug, whispering, "thank you."

"I won't let you see yourself as anything less than what you truly are Julian." Mark mumbled, rubbing his back affectionately.

He loved that he had Mark through all of this. Julian had never really been close with his parents, since they didn't approve of his career choice that much. So it was nice to have a fatherly figure to give him advice and to tell him everything will be okay.

When the Elevator dinged they broke apart and turned to face the doors as they opened up. Julian walked out with Mark right behind him.

Julian stopped in front of the door to the meeting room and hesitated on going inside. A hand coming down on his shoulder startled him out his trance. He looked back at Mark, who's face held nothing but support and pride for Julian.

Mark nodded his head, silently telling Julian that he could do this.

With a deep breath in and out, Julian opened the door, and walked inside.

~

Nova didn't really know what to do while Julian had gone to his meeting with Mark. He hadn't really had a lot of time to himself since he's been with Julian. They were really always together.

Also, he was anxious to know the outcome of the meeting, so he was currently just pacing the room of the hotel. Biting on the tip of his thumb of one of his hands while the other fell at his side, his fingers twitching slightly.

"Things will go fine," Nova mumbled to himself as he continued to pace.

"You need to get out of here."

Nova turned to look at Jack who had been sitting on the couch, watching him the whole time with an annoyed and bored look on his face. He had called Jack to come over to his room because he hadn't really liked just sitting in silence, so he thought that at least the presence of someone else would help him better.

"I'm fine." Nova said immediately, stopping in front of Jack. With Jack's raised eyebrow, he answered as confidently as he could, "I am, I'm just bored."

Jack chuckled softly, tipping his head back with a roll of his eyes. "Nova, come on, we both know I can tell when your lying."

Nova sighed and walked closer to him, falling down next to Jack on the couch. He leaned forward, his head between his knees as he ran his hands through his hair. He tried to calm down his fast beating heart and get his harsh breathing under control.