Chapter Ten

It was Nova's first day of his freshman year of college. He couldn't be more excited. Being done with high school early had finally given him the freedom to go for something he really wanted to do.

His parents were of course proud of their only son going to college early along with pursuing his dreams.

With a confident pep in his step he walked into the room of his first class for the day, and one he'd been looking forward to the most, photography.

Nova slid into his seat and took his camera from around his neck so he could fiddle around with it. It was brand new, a gift from his mom and dad for graduation. He was to busy trying to figure out all the setting to notice the person who sat in the desk in front of him.

He only looked up when he felt eyes on him. Nova looked up into a pair of chocolate brown eyes that belonged to golden haired boy.

The boy gave Nova a charming smile and said, "hello there."

Nova immediately noted his British accent and gave a smile back. "Hello." The boy had caught his attention because he was extremely attractive.

He had high cheek bones and a strong jaw, along with a straight nose. Along with the chocolate colored eyes they were framed with long eyelashes that girls were always frustrated with when guys had them. His hair was the color of a golden sunshine and was in the style of tousled curls.

Nova thought he was perfect and didn't notice he was staring so until a hand waved in front of his face, making him snap back into reality.

The boy laughed and got a smirk that could make any person weak in the knees. "See something you like there love?," the boy hummed.

Nova felt his cheeks go a light pink but rolled his eyes playfully, not wanting to give this guy the satisfaction of making him blush. "No, why do you?," he asked innocently, looking around.

The boy let out a low chuckle that made Nova's stomach flip. "Maybe I do," he said raising an eyebrow with that smirk still on his lips.

Nova held out his hand with a wide smile, "I'm Nova Luthens."

The boy smiled back gripping his hand in his and shaking it gently. "Jack Evens."

This was only the beginning

"I don't know about this guy Nova," his friend Kaylie said watching as Nova got ready.

After a couple weeks of flirting and talking to Jack he had asked out Nova. Much to Nova's delight.

Though his friends were a bit skeptical.

"What do you mean? He's amazingly gorgeous, funny, and super sweet," Nova said brushing his fingers through his hair. "What could be wrong?," he said turning to face his friend.

"Doesn't he just give off a bad vibe to you?," Kaylie asked frowning. "Plus what is he doing in a photography class as a painter anyways?"

Nova shrugged his shoulders, "Maybe he wants more experience in different areas as a fall back if being an painter doesn't work you."

Jack's work was beautiful to Nova. It was always very abstract and plenty of colors, he had even told Nova he would love to have him as a model to paint sometime.

Nova didn't see anything wrong with him yet and couldn't understand why his friends all told him to stay away.

It wasn't until a couple months into dating him that problems started to show themselves.