Chapter Five

Over the course of the rest of the day Nova noticed that Julian made sure he was by his side everywhere. Most people would probably find it annoying to have someone stuck to their side, but for Nova it felt comforting.

Julian had only been recognized a few times, it was nothing that he couldn't handle himself though. Just a few fans wanting pictures

It was weird for Nova to see how casually Julian dealt with just random strangers coming up and asking for picture. If it were him he would probably freak out.

They were now walking in and out of some shops on the boardwalk of the beach. Just looking at all the random knickknacks and tourist stuff.

Nova wasn't really one for souvenirs but if he found something he really liked in a store he would get it.

Julian on the other hand loved getting something from each place he visited, whether it just be something as simple as a t-shirt, or even a snow-globe.

Which is why when he found a miniature one with a plain palm tree in it he picked it up and walked quickly over to Nova, who was looking at some mugs.

"Look at this, it's cute right?," he asked with a infectious smile on his face.

Nova found himself smiling back tilting his head, "yeah sure, i guess it's kind of cute." "Do you collect those wherever you go?"

Julian shrugged his shoulders, "sometimes, or I just get one of those tacky tourist t-shirts." He pointed to one that had a sun on it with adorning a pair of sunglasses. "Like who would ever buy that?"

As if on cue, their guard that has been with them all day came up beside them, holding up the same shirt Julian had just pointed out. "Should I get this?"

Julian dropped his head and let out a groan while Nova covered his mouth to hold in a laugh. "Nate, I hate you."

Nate didn't know what was going on but he said, "so is that a no?"

He grabbed the shirt from his hands and hung back on a random rack, stomping off in a huff.

Nova not being able to hold in his laughter anymore let it out, just shaking his head as Julian walked towards the counter.

"Did I do something bad?"

Nova shook his head again stuttering out between his laughs, "n-not, at, all." He took a deep breath in to settle himself before speaking again. "You did nothing, don't worry."

He walked past the guard who was still baffled by what happened. Nova stood next to Julian as he paid for the small globe.

Julian looked at him and tilted his head questioningly, "are you not getting something?"

Nova shook his head, "nah, I don't really buy this kind of stuff."

He got a pretend sad look on his face and said, "how do you keep your memories about trips then?"

Nova made a face and gestured towards his camera. "Does this not help me?"

Julian rolled his eyes playfully, "okay mister smart ass."

He just chuckled softly. "No need to be so rude," Nova said bumping his hips against Julian's. He was getting more comfortable around him, so he didn't feel as shy as he did when he first met him.

Which was weird considering he only met Julian a few days ago.

The two walked out of the shop and the guard told them they should get back soon so they aren't out to late.

Both boys didn't realize that sun was close to setting. So when they got outside and saw the sun going down they were both surprised.

"It's already almost night time?," Julian said shocked. How did the day go by that fast already?