Chapter Eighteen

Julian paced up and down the length of the hotel room as Mark listened to him rant for a few minutes. 

"I know, I should go say sorry to Nova. That's what I was going to do before you grabbed me." 

Mark opened his mouth to answer but was cut off again by Julian who didn't even notice he was going to speak. 

"Yes, what I said was completely out of line and also very harsh on him. I don't know why I've been so distant lately, well no I do know, but I didn't mean to take out everything on him." 

"Julian." Mark tried to cut in but Julian kept on going. 

"I should've just worked out my feelings instead of bottling them up, but I just didn't feel like I could because he's been so friendly with Jack lately and it's driving me crazy!" Julian raked his fingers roughly through his hair as he took a breath before continuing. 

 "I'm just tired of doing this. I'm tired of hiding how much I love him. I'm tired of hiding me," Julian whispered the last part softly, stopping his pacing. 

"Then stop hiding." Mark finally managed to get a word in. 

Julian looked at him confused, furrowing his eyebrows, "what do you mean." 

Mark stood up, crossing his arms over his chest as he spoke. "You're not happy Julian. You're having to fake being happy to your fans now to just get through a concert and with this recent fight between you and Nova," he stopped and rubbed his hand over his jaw. 

Shaking his head Mark finished his thoughts, "I'm not going to let you guys break up when there's something I can do about it." 

Julian was still confused about what Mark was saying. "What could you possibly do? I don't want you to get fired from your job and the label won't agree to let me come out-" 

"Forget the label, forget about me losing my job, this about you Julian," Mark said while resting his hands on Julian's shoulders, squeezing them tightly. "We've both made enough money over the years, that I think we could start our record label." 

Julian looked at Mark with wide eyes. Has he lost his mind? He shook his head in disbelief, "Mark that's insane to think about. I don't even know what mechanics go into running a business like that." 

"You can leave all the business stuff to me," Mark dismissed his worry with a wave of his hand. "I have people I know who can come work for me, and it won't interfere with me being your manager or your career overall." He assured Julian when he saw the anxious look on his face. 

"Mark I'm not going to let you put your money into something just so I can have what I want." Julian frowned softly. He didn't want Mark to invest his money into creating a whole separate label just so he could be free. That would be way too much to ask. 

"Julian, this is for you," Mark spoke with a serious tone to his voice, his face showing just how much faith he really had in this idea. "You deserve to be happy just as much as a straight pop star would." 

Julian chewed on the inside of his cheek in thought. 

"You're like the son I've never had Julian. I would do anything to make sure you are safe and happy. You're plenty safe, but not too happy. Let me do this, we can do it together. I know this will work." 

"Okay," Julian mumbled softly glancing up at Mark, feeling a warmth at the sight of the fearless look on his face. He really would do anything for me wouldn't he? Julian thought to himself, slowly smiling widely. 

Mark chuckled at his smile and wrapped his arms around Julian tightly in a hug, ruffling his hair with one hand affectionately. 

"Now, there's something else I have in mind too."