Chapter Eleven

First I would like to thank @Sian-The-Writer so so much for the shoutout!! She's the one who gave me the inspiration to write this story. Also thank you for all the lovely comments. And finally, don't hate me for the ending please

Julian's heart broke at the sound of Nova's sobs as he shook and clung onto his shirt like he was afraid of Julian disappearing.

"Shh," Julian cooed softly holding Nova close to him with one arm, his other hand resting in the smaller boys hair. "I'm right here Nova, it's okay. I got you," he said softly stroking his hair gently.

Nova whimpered and buried his face more into Julian's neck. "J-Julian?," he stuttered out quietly, but Julian heard him since he was so focused on him.

"Yes baby?," Julian said looking down at him with concern. He hated seeing Nova like this, and would do whatever he could to make him smile again, or even calm down. He rubbed his hand down Nova's back gently making sure he was as close as he could be.

"C-Can you sing to me?," Nova whispered out looking up at Julian with tears in his eyes. He never expect to see Jack again in his life. Even though it had been years, the mere sound of his voice still made something in Nova snap, then all of the sudden he was back in that kitchen with Jack.

Julian pressed a gentle kiss to the top of his head nodding. "Of course I can." The song he thought of wasn't originally his, but he thought it fit the situation.

He took a deep breath in and began to sing quietly to Nova.

"I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go." "When all those shadows almost killed your light."

Nova tried to focus on the sound of Julian's beautiful voice as he continued.

"I remember you said, 'don't leave me here alone'," Julian said squeezing Nova's waist gently. "But all that's dead and gone and past, tonight."

Nova kept his tight grip onto Julian but could feel his shaking easing a little as the other boy sang.

"Just close your eyes. The sun is going down, you'll be alright. No one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound."

Julian starting rubbing Nova's back with both hands rhythmically as he sang the next lines.

"Don't you dare look out your window, darling everything's on fire. The war outside our door keeps raging on." "Hold on to this, lullaby, even when the musics gone."

Julian repeated the chorus before finishing smiling lightly when he realized Nova's shaking had completely stopped and he seemed to being close to not breathing as heavy as he had earlier.

"You okay?," Julian asked quietly with a light frown on his face.

Nova slowly released his grip from Julian's shirt and reached his hands up to wipe his now stinging eyes. Julian stopped him by taking his hands gently and leaned down kissing away his tears before planting kisses all over.

Nova laughed softly and this Julian grin. "Thank you," Nova said looking up at him and smiling warmly.

Julian shook his head, waving off his thanks. "You don't need to thank me Nova. I just wanna make sure you're alright," he said softly with a frown. He cupped the side of his face and Nova leaned into his hand. "Who was that?," Julian asked rubbing his thumb over Nova's cheek.

Nova bit on his bottom lip hard then let it go, opening his mouth to speak but was cut off by someone.

"Come on, lets get inside," Nate said from the now opened door.