Chapter Twenty Two

This is something my roommate did for me! She had to create a book jacket for one of her graphic design class and asked me if it was okay to use the story and I, of course, said yes! Oh and even though I know it's pretty obvious, my real name isn't Jocelyn Fairwright, it's simply my pen name I go under so it's not my real identity. Song used in the chapter: Have I Told You by Matthew Mole. (It's a beautiful song, I'll put it in the next chapter)

Julian felt pleasure when his fist collided with Jack's face and heard the crack of his nose breaking. 

"You ass!" 

Mark and Cassie both intervened and Mark kept his hands on Julian's chest as Nate ran over to help the manager with getting him away from Jack who was bent over holding his nose, blood dripping through his hands. 

Julian struggled against Nate and Mark's arms, "I should've known it was you!" He grunted and still felt satisfaction as Jack lifted his head and he visibly winced. Julian looked to Nova felt a bit of regret at the sight of his wide eyes and frozen stance. 

"Cassie, find someone in the hotel to help him or take him to the ER," Mark said glancing at the stylist who nodded her head quickly. 

Julian didn't take his eyes off the pair until Cassie had turned a corner with Jack and out of sight. He then looked to Nova who was still standing there frozen, his fingers twitching at his sides. 

"Nova," Julian said softly but Mark cut him off. 

"Nova, why don't you go up to your guy's room," Mark then turned to Julian with his lips in a thin line and continued, "you, with me, now." 

Julian chewed on his lower lip and glanced to Nova, who seemed to have broken from his trance when Nate gently called his name. He watched with a heavy heart as his boyfriend was lead away towards the elevators. 

"Julian." 

Julian looked back to Mark and sighed at the disapproving look on his face. Mark didn't say anything as he led him toward a dining area that was currently deserted by guests. 

Once they sat down across from each other Julian spoke up, "I know, I shouldn't have done  that-"

"You think?" Mark snapped with a frown on his lips. 

"He's been the one leaking my location Mark," Julian slammed his hand on the table with a hiss of breath whistling between his teeth. "He's the one who's been causing Nova to be in danger these last few days with me. I guess it makes me an idiot for not realizing sooner that it was him." Julian shook his head. 

"You weren't completely sure it was him and even if it is him, that was no reason to break his nose."

Julian snorted and fell back in his seat, crossing his arms over his chest. "Who else could it have been? He's been out to ruin Nova and I's relationship since he got here." 

"You know that you scared Nova with what you did right? Julian, after everything he went through with Jack, did you even think about how seeing you hurt someone would affect how he looks at you?" Mark looked at him with a steady gaze. 

Julian flinched back at his words and whispered, "I would never, ever, think of hurting him." 

"I know that, but with someone who's been through abuse like that," Mark rubbed a hand over his jaw. "It's probably his worse fear. He's afraid to be put in that vulnerable of a situation again."

"I don't want him to think that even for a second I would lay a hand on him." Julian felt his chest tighten in anxiety. He's supposed to only show Nova love and affection, not violence.