Chapter Twenty

"Falling in love is easy. Falling in love with the same person repeatedly is extraordinary."   ― Crystal Woods, Write like no one is reading   

Julian kept his arms wrapped around Nova as he rocked them both, singing softly to him. He could feel his boyfriend slowly start to relax in his arms. Nova's harsh breathing finally starting to settle. 

Julian looked down at Nova, who had his face buried into Julian's chest, and ran a hand over his hair gently. "Nova?" He asked softly. "Are you okay?" 

He watched as Nova nodded his head but didn't move back from him. Julian didn't mind and just continued to play with Nova's dark hair gently, not minding him wanting to take a few more minutes to relax. 

When Nova finally drew his head away from his chest, Julian immediately cupped his face with one hand softly. "Nova, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. No one was supposed to know we were there. I'm usually pretty good at avoiding the paparazzi. I have no idea who would've told them."

Nova shook his head with a small smile on his lips, "Julian it's not your fault." 

"I should've taken you with me," Julian continued with a shake of his head. He sighed. "I don't know why I didn't." 

Nova took Julian's hand in his and squeezed it to get his attention. "Julian, you didn't know that would happen. I'm okay now." 

Julian just stared at him for a second before leaning in and pressed a kiss to his cheek and nuzzled it a bit which made Nova giggle. This, in turn, caused Julian to grin. "If you're sure." 

Nova smiled back at him, "positive." He was still happy with all that's happened in the last few days. Julian had come out, everyone knew they were together now. He even dropped from his label and was in the process of starting his own. 

Julian and Nova both just stared at each other, smiling like idiots, as if they both were finally letting the idea of them being able to be publically affectionate with each other settle in. 

"I love you," Julian said softly, letting his fingers tangle in Nova's. He squeezed his hand and brought it up to kiss their joint fingers. 

Nova blushed at his actions but answered back with a soft smile, "I love you." 

"We're here," Mark called from the front of the car. He was the one to go and get the car, driving it himself so Nova could get out of the situation as fast as possible. 

Julian planted one more kiss to the top of Nova's head before reaching over and opening the door, getting out. He looked back and held out his hand for Nova to take, which made an instant smile come to the photographer's face. 

Nova took it, getting out of the car and held tight to Julian's hand. He let his eyes search the area immediately. 

Julian took notice to this and felt a rush of guilt in his chest. We've barely been public for two days and I've already terrified him of being outside. "It's alright, we'll be leaving tomorrow night, so you won't have to worry about anyone finding where we are." 

Nova looked up to Julian and bit on his lower lip, "sorry,  I didn't think people would react so crazy when they found out." 

Julian shrugged his shoulders as they walked inside the hotel. "I'm not that surprised at the paparazzi's reaction, to be honest with you. Something like this, they always want first dibs of getting an interview, pictures." 

"I'm still wondering how they found out your location," Mark spoke up as he pushed the button for the elevator to come. "We usually do our best to keep it a secret."