Chapter 12

(Sarah's POV)

I was running, I didn't know what from, I was just running. My feet were moving at insane speeds, and everything seemed to move at 1000 miles and hour, yet I could see every little detail of the forest down to the ants crawling across the individual leaves.

Someone was chasing after me, I could feel it, yet I didn't seem scared, I was happy, the opposite of what I probably should have been feeling.

Suddenly someone jumped on my back, making me fall over. I twisted my body around and saw the most stunning man in the planet.

He had minty green eyes, matched with messy brown hair that fell to his shoulders. He had a strong jawline, and stubble dotted around his chin. His eyes were looking at me with..... Lust?

I felt these tingles when he touched me, I felt complete when I was with him.

Wait what is this?! He's a vampire!

Wait....am I ?

I woke from the dream with a jolt. What was that? It had seemed so real, like I was actually there, in that dream. But that couldn't be, I was here, trapped in some sort of cell, lying on the floor, with my hands tied uncomfortably tight behind me. Niamh was in a similar position, as was Jade-though she had silver chains instead of rope.

We all looked like we had just been chucked in here, regardless of the position we landed in, and regardless of mine and Niamh's fragile, breakable bones.

Damn vamps.

I struggled to my knees, and crawled to Niamh. I had to stop though, as my head started to spin and I felt extremely weak. What had happened? I looked to my neck, where the pain in my aching body seemed to be centred. There I saw two puncture marks, they looked fresh. I shuddered, realising that vampire had bit me, and fought off the wave of blackness that was threatening to overcome me again.

No. I was not going to faint. I need to get to Niamh. She looked deathly pale, and her breathing was slow and ragged.

Slowly, ever so slowly, I crawled and half dragged my weak body over to her. I put my head on her chest, where her heart should be, and listened to a steady pulse. I sighed in relief. I looked her over, searching for any sign that she had been bitten, but all I found was a small needle mark on her shoulder.

Weird.

Then it clicked, some twisted, evil, leech had injected her with some king of drug to knock her out. She probably freaked out when she saw me get bitten.

But still, the freak that bit me and the one who injected Niamh with the drug are going to get their asses staked, as soon as I can get free.

Realising that Jade was probably in worse shape than Niamh was, I crawled my way over to her. She looked a mess. Her usual smooth, silky black hair was knotted and messed up and her face and arms were covered in scratches. Other than looking a mess, she seemed to be ok.

Suddenly she snapped her eyes open and searched the room for something. It looked as if she hadn't found it, as she looked at me with desperation in her blue eyes. She hurriedly covered it with anger, and then with a blank, hard expression.

I sighed. 'Jade, don't hide stuff from me any more. We are sisters, and you know you can trust me.'

Jade sighed.

'You mean us.' Niamh whispered unexpectedly from across the room.

'Fine, fine.' Jade said, experated. 'I'm looking for someone, someone very special to me. My soulmate in fact. My beloved. I can sense that he's here'