Chapter 17

(Niamh POV)

I woke from he dream to someone or rather something licking my face. I opened one eye and saw the massive midnight black wolf above me. I screamed, and rolled away. I thought I caught a flash of hurt in his big brown eyes, but it was gone just as suddenly as it came. He ran behind the trees, probably to shift.

I lay on the ground for a second. I felt like I had to do something, but I couldn't remember what. Then it came back to me.

The dream.

Our powers.

My snake.

Sarah's owl.

Jade's Phoenix.

Jade!

I got to my feet and ran over to where Ryder was sitting helplessly, staring with tearful eyes at Jade. Sarah came running over too, with Jonas hot on her heels. She looked at me, silently asking me if I knew what to do. I nodded, and took a deep breath. I let something that was deep inside of me take over, something that I somehow knew that that part of me knew what to do.

I lifted my hands, and clasped them together. Then I put them over the obscene wound on Jade's pale neck...

(Sarah POV)

I sat up slowly; I felt a bit groggy from the dream. I turned my head to see Niamh running over to Jade. I got up, and raced over there with Jonas following. I looked at Niamh, silently asking her if she knew what to do. She nodded, looking a bit nervous, and then, all of a sudden, her face went blank. She closed her eyes, and when she opened them, the eyes that used to be blue were a glowing white. She raised her hands, and folded them together, hovering them over Jade's wound. Niamh's whole body glowed, and her blonde hair flowed out from her shoulders, like a gust of wind was blowing it. White letters and symbols started to write themselves up her slender arms.

Out of no where, a man in nothing but basketball shorts came running up to us.

"What's going on!?" He yelled, his voice deep and hoarse.

"First of all, who are you!?" I yelled back.

"I'm Shane! Her mate!" He said, pointing to Niamh, who was currently looking very magic-y.

Shane had shoulder length dirty blonde hair, matched with brown eyes which had splashes of hazel in. He had an eight pack. The name Chris Hemsworth popped into my mind out of nowhere.

"So?! What's happening to my little mate!?" He shouted

"She's healing our sister! I don't really know how or when she'll stop but yeah. And her name is Niamh by the way. Pronounced Neve." I am so helpful, I thought to myself, laughing.

"WHAT?!" Shane roared. Not giving me time to answer, or paying heed to how to pronounce Niamh's name, he ran over to her and hugged her from behind. Almost immediately the light dimmed and Jade came back to life with a gasp.

(Niamh POV)

I couldn't control it. Something was missing. I needed all of me to do it. I needed my mate, and I think it was that big black wolf with the stunning brown eyes. All of a sudden someone hugged me from behind. I could tell it was my mate because I felt complete, and I managed to bring Jade back to life with him there. It was almost like he was lending me his strength.

(Jade POV)

Blackness. Blackness was surrounding me. It was pressing in on me. Wasn't Niamh supposed to heal me like the goddess said? Maybe I made it up. Maybe everything was made up. Maybe I died when that vampire bit me. Maybe I'm still in the castle dungeons. Maybe I never met Ryder. Maybe my sisters are dead. Wait, do I even have sisters? Who am I?

Suddenly I saw a glowing light coming closer and closer. I grabbed ahold of it, and it started to tug me somewhere. I let it. I came back to life with a gasp of much needed oxygen. I reached my hand up and felt my neck. It was smooth and normal, with just a faintly glowing scar there. I looked up, and Ryder was knelt beside me, crying. I stroked his cheek gently, wiping away his tears. He looked at me and said, "I thought I lost you"

I shook my head. "You will never lose me" I replied. "I'm too clingy." I smiled faintly.

My eyes traveled to Sarah, who had her head in Jonas' lap. She smiled at me, and I smiled back. Then I turned to Niamh. She was on the floor panting, and some man was stroking her waist gently.

"Who's that?" I asked

"Shane." Niamh replied. "My mate." I guess they had made introductions then.

"Oh." I said. I sat up and stuck out my hand for him to shake. Ryder growled possessively and sat me in his lap. "Ryder, he has a mate." I sighed. "Anyway, hi, I'm Jade, Niamh's half vampire sister. Yeah, I said half. Long story. This is Sarah, Ryder, And Jonas." I said, gesturing to each one of them in turn.

"Nice to meet you, Jade, Jonas, Ryder, Sarah." Shane said. "I'm Shane, alpha of the crescent moon pack."

I gasped. The crescent moon pack was the biggest and most powerful pack in the world.

I was about to reply, but with my enhanced hearing I picked up a quiet flapping noise. I looked south, and spotted a Phoenix carrying a small golden snake, and an owl. Must be our animals to help control our powers.