Chapter 28

(Jade POV)

Sitting down on the rough ground, I looked over at Niamh and Sarah. Sarah was sitting Indian-style on the floor, holding a dandelion. Jonas wrapped his larger hand around the flower too, his hand overlapping Sarah's.

Closing their eyes, together they blew on the small dandelion. They opened their eyes just in time to see the small parts of the flower gently float away.

Casting my eyes to Niamh and Shane, I saw she was perched on his lap, her head against his broad chest. He was looking down at her small frame with nothing but love and adoration in his eyes.

Smiling, I couldn't help but feel just a little jealous. Why did my sisters get good, loving, nice mates. Mates that were loyal, mates that would never try to hurt their other half.

Ryder was just, just, a jackass.

God, even thinking his name hurt. I was more angry than hurt though. Angry that my own mate would do that to me.

Getting up off of the log I was sitting on, I started kicking it furiously.

Why. Me. Why. Me. Why. Me.

Suddenly I started sobbing. Hot tears were pouring down my face, loud hiccups accompanied by sobs coming out of my mouth.

I felt Sarah and Niamh by my sides, whispering words into my ear that I had no care for. I collapsed onto the floor, curled up in the fetal position I sobbed and sobbed, wishing the pain in my heart would go away.

When I finally stopped crying, my throat was raw, my eyes blurry and sore. My arms were cramped from tensing them for so long. my legs felt stiff from being bent in one position, and the right side of my face felt numb from lying on it.

Stretching out, I looked around and saw Shane and Niamh curled up together, his arm protectively around her waist. Then I spotted Sarah and Jonas a little bit away, Jonas on his back snoring with Sarah lying on his chest.

Looking up at the sky, I saw it was a full moon. The stars were dotted out above me, the moon casting an eerie glow across our clearing. Smiling slightly,nI remembered something my dad had said to me a long time ago, I think I was about five. I had fell over and grazed my knee, and was crying.

*flashback*

"Jay Jay, why are you crying?" daddy asked me, scooping me up in his arms and spinning me around.

"I grazed my knee" I sniffled, pulling up my jeans and showing him the small graze on my kneecap.

"Oh dear, well, you have to be a big brave girl now" He said, his blue eyes looking into mine.

"But I'm not brave" I whispered, still crying a little.

"Well, you are my eldest daughter, so you have to be brave" My daddy said.

"How are you brave daddy?" I asked, wiping my eyes.

"Well, my secret is, I walk outside" Daddy walked outside with me, "I look up at the sky," we looked at the sky, "and I smile and think, the world isn't dead yet, so I'm not either, fear is always changing and evolving, but the sky always stays the same."

Radioactive empress is bae

You all love me

Give me hugs

Zella made a big mistake giving me her phone

LOVE MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hey guyzzzz,

So I logged on this morning and saw....I HAVE 1K READS!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I have been having a tough time and I'm happy now that I have 1k, you guys really made my week!!!!!

Went to insomnia gaming convention today, it was awesome!

Radioactive-Empress managed to embarrass me in front of one of my fave YouTubers :( I WILL GET YOU BACK EM>:( XD

Peace out,

Zella xx