Chapter 37

Picture of Sarah above, enjoy.
-Zella

(Sarah POV)
I see Niamh look around for Jade, and when she spots her, I pull her back, stopping her from going over to her.
"Leave her be, Niamh, she needs to grieve." I say quietly, still with my hand on her shoulder.
"What? Why?" Niamh turns and looks at me skeptically, like she doesn't believe what I'm saying.
"She lost Ryder." I look down. "The dark magic couldn't be stopped. It killed him."
Niamh looks at me, then back at Jade, and then back at me. Then suddenly, she starts running towards Jade. I run after her, trying to keep up.
"No, Niamh, don't!" I yell, realising that she is a lot faster than me now she is a wolf.
She doesn't listen to me, only stopping when she reaches Jade. I stop too when I reach her, crouching down I realise that Jade had passed out.
"Is she okay?" Niamh asks, sitting down. But not a moment later, she falls asleep too. I shake my head fondly as blackness comes over me, and I too pass out.

I sit up and rub my eyes when I realise The Goddess has called us to her presence again. I look over to my left and see Niamh, awake, looking around like me. Then I look to my right, and see Jade has not yet woken. She is lying on her back in the grass, her black hair spread out around her head. There are tear stains down her cheeks, where she had obviously been crying. Her eyes snap open.

"Ah. Good, you are all awake."

Jade jumps up.

"What do you want this time, Goddess?" She snaps, rolling her eyes. "You gonna give us another mission? Because that worked out last time DIDNT it? We succeeded last time, didn't we?" Her voice is filled with sarcasm, her eyes ablaze with anger. "How dare you. How very dare you. You knew Ryder was going to die. You knew! You knew!"

She spins on her heel, her black eyes fixed on me.

"You." She spat. "You. You told me he was going to live! You said he was going to live! You said, you said..." She breaks down sobbing.

Niamh runs over, trying to comfort her sister.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" Jade suddenly yells, jumping up and pushing Niamh away. "You killed him! You killed him! You, you monster! You monster! You took away my beloved, so now I will take away yours!" Jade screams with fury, a fire alight in her now red eyes.

She snaps her fingers, and shadows pulled out of the darkest parts of the magical clearing begin to wind themselves around her.

They wrap around and around, until a short black dress was formed. A cloak of shadows hung down from her shoulders, and her skin paled even more. Her lips changed colour to a cherry red, and her eyes changed to a deep red, with only hints of the blue she used to have.

"You wait. you will know my pain." We're her last words, and with a snap of her fingers she had disappeared.

"So the prophecy was true." A musical voice was heard behind me.