Chapter 24

(Niamh POV)
I stood silently behind Jade, glowering at the vampires. Out of the corner of my eye, I catch something glinting in the moonlight. A knife. Jade's. I bend down slowly, lowering myself carefully into a crouch. My back and wrists throb painfully from being tied to the tree. I pick up  the small, slightly curved knife, and throw it forcefully towards a vampire. It clatters to the floor pitifully, missing completely.

I think I need target practise. The vampire turned towards me, eyes red and lips chapped, and begins to run towards me.

Screeching shrilly, I pointed at the vampires running towards us. Jade smirked, eyes dark, almost black, and conjured up a ring of fire, preventing the vampire freaks from getting through to us.

"Ha! Suck it morons! Sucks for you! My sister is awesome! Ha!" I yell out laughing at their annoyed faces. On snarls at me, showing fangs, but I simply give him the finger.

"Stay here." She hissed at me and Sarah, and then she took off running towards the vampires, running straight through her burning flames.

Keeping my eyes on the blurry figure that was my sister, I watched as she flipped effortlessly through the air, landing lightly on a vampires back, and gripping his neck with her hands she snapped it easily. Then she jumped off, spinning in the air and throwing her poisonous-well to the vamps anyway- silver blade, landing it right between another vamps eyes.

A look of concentration crossed her face momentarily, and her Phoenix, Blaise I think his name was, swooped in; on fire I might add, and dropped two more knives into her awaiting hands.

Reacting quickly, she sliced a vamps neck open, then moving on to her next victim she stabbed him in the heart twice, retracting her deadly knife quickly and moving away.

Out of he corner of my eye, I spotted Blaise lifting up Sarah with ease and flying her over to one of the trees on the other side of the clearing, where I presume Shane and Jonas were waiting. Abruptly, the fire around me burnt out. Frantically looking for Jade, I spotted her using her fire strength to fight off five vampires.

Panicking, I glanced around, looking for any approaching vampires. Then I saw them. There was six dark vampires, all heading towards me, licking their chapped lips, their bloody fangs drawn. And, the bloody vampire who I flipped off earlier was in the lead. Why can't he just die already?

Scrambling backwards towards the still smouldering tree, I started crying. No, I couldn't die like this! If I had to die, I want to die in Shane's muscled arms, looking into those warm chocolate coloured eyes...

Shane! I need to get to him! I have to get to him! it would break his heart if I died. Concentrating, I felt a sort of electric sizzle in the air, and when I opened my closed eyes I was in Shane's arms. What the actual hell?!

"Orenda!" I called inside my head.

"Why yes dear?" she replied, uncurling herself from my wrist.

"Why am I here in Shane's arms, and not dying up against a tree?" I asked, quite calmly, though inside I was screaming with confusion.

"Well, it seems you can teleport." She answered, and then she shut off the mind link.

"Niamh?! Niamh?!" Shane yelled in my ear.

"Huh?" I asked, looking up at my beloveds face, to see it was a mask of worry.

"I said, how the hell did you get here?" He yelled, his wolf obviously very upset and worked up because he nearly lost his one mate for good.

"Ah, it seems I can teleport" I answered, then I fell back in his arms, and passed out.

(Jade POV)

Cutting off the last vampires head, I collapsed to the ground. Breathing heavily, I tried to reign in my power. I had used so much of it, it didn't want to come back in, and I was just so tired... My thoughts trailed off, and I could feel myself slowly getting closer to blacking out...

(Sarah POV)

Landing in the tree, the last thing I saw was Jonas' worried green eyes before I saw the familiar blackness; I had passed out...