Chapter 30

(Niamh POV)

"What's going on?" I asked, getting up. Jade and Sarah were gaping open-mouthed at Jonas, and Shane was standing off to the side, frowning slightly.

"Nothing" Jade and Sarah asked at the same time, then they glared fiercely at each other.

"Come on, tell me" I said, looking between the two sisters. When nobody answered me, I yelled "seriously!? Just because I'm the youngest, doesn't mean you have the right to keep secrets!" I sat down Indian style on the ground and crossed my arms across my chest, glaring at my sisters.

Jade glared at me, whereas Sarah sighed and sat down.

"Listen, Niamh, it's nothing really.." Shane tried to say.

"Shane! Your my mate and you're on their side!" I yelled, standing up and stamping my foot.

"Niamh-" he started, but I merely turned my back on him and marched off.

Finding a tree on the other side of the clearing, I took a running leap and reached up, grabbing the lowest branch. Swinging myself up, I climbed through the branches like a monkey until I reached the top. Then I sat, swinging my legs and watching them argue underneath me.

"They betrayed you, Niamh" A whispering voice carried over the wind. It sounded familiar, yet strange. "They lied to you Niamh" The voice continued. "They don't trust you, Niamh"

"Who are you!?" I yelled, looking around.

"Nobody..." The voice whispered, then it laughed. "I'm just a voice; a body less voice carrying through the wind"

"Who does this voice belong to then" I said scornfully into the wind.

"The dark goddess" was its final words.