I don't want to be alone

The ginger made his way back to the door to his apartment. He had heard alot of movement from his friend's apartment, which was odd because said friend had been feeling ill earlier. So he had decided to check and see if he was was alright. Which his friend assured that he was fine. So this led to Matt retreting back to his room.

Placing his hand on the door knob and turning it to the right he attempted to enter his own apartment, but instead was met with no give. Great, he locked himself out, again.

Sighing for the umpteenth time that day he walked past Edd's door and down to his other friend's door. Knocking, he placed a hand over his stomach. He had kept quiet about his pregnancy after finding out a few months ago, besides he hadn't really gained weight so no worries. Until now that is. He had started feeling pains that he was thinking were contractions a few hours ago while he and Edd were still at the supermarket. It was uncomfortable to say the least, but just the thought of him being able to meet his baby soon made the pain more bearable. Feeling a small kick he smiled.

"Tom? Are you alive in there?" Speaking up, he laughed softly thinking about how drunk his friend probably was. Hearing movement and a small noise that almost sounded like a whimper? That was weird, Matt knew that Tom could stand up to almost anything and the vacant-eyed male never whimpered. Knocking again worried for his friend, he called out trying to ask if Tom was alright.

"Matt shut up already. Just wait a minute, I just got out of the shower and my head is killing me." That was understandable. Feeling another contraction rear it's ugly head, the ginger placed one of his hands up against the wall to keep himself balanced while the other was resting against his lower abdomen. They were coming closer together which was a good thing, it meant he was closer to meeting his baby. Hearing the door in front of him unlock, he moved so he was standing upright with his hands in his hoodie pockets. Tom looked really tired, and if looking closer much more sober which was odd for him.

"Are you alright Tom?"

"I could ask you the same thing. But on another topic, did you lock yourself out of your place again? What is it the twelfth time?" He blushed deeply, rubbing the back of his head embarrassed. He felt another cramp, and was brought back to his other reasons for coming over here. It would be easier to just go down to where the landlord was and get a spare key. But due to what was going on with himself, he didn't want to be alone at this time.

"Actually it's the eighteenth time. But, um, could I stay over here for right now? I don't want to be alone at the moment and Edd was feeling sick." Seeing the other male sigh, was a relief.

"Yeah sure. But first let's get your nineteenth spare key. I'll be right back in a second I need to check something." Walking back and into his room, Tom went to check on something before coming back. The duo went down to the main floor and got another spare key to Matt's room, before going back to Tom's room. The two sat on the couch, Tom going to check on something in his room periodically. Hearing the whining sound once again from Tom's room, Matt looked over and decided to check it out. Tom had gone in the bathroom a few minutes ago so it couldn't be him. Walking into Tom's bedroom, Matt saw a small bundle of blankets surrounded by pillows sitting on the bed. Realizing that this was what was whining, he sat down on the bed and gently picked up the little girl right as Tom walked into the room.

"Matt! What are you doing in here? Uhhh, I can explain...... No actually I can't......" A soft, mumbled curse made it's way from Tom's mouth before he looked over at Matt who was still holding his daughter.

"I think I understand perfectly well Tom. Hold on a moment let's go to my room for a little bit. I need to tell you something too." Matt moved to get up slowly, Tom's daughter was asleep in his arms. Handing the girl over to her parent, the three made their way down the hall to Matt's room. After using the spare key and entering the room, he pulled Tom behind himself and into his own room. It was thankfully less cluttered, but that was because of the newer furniture and other items. This all consisted of a crib and other infant necessities. Matt moved over to a few boxes and started sifting through the contents while Tom was looking in shock.