That's Some Bullshit Tord

"Come on, calm down kid. I've got to get to work and you moving like this is no help." Holding his instrument case in one hand he tried using the other to soothe the squirming infant, a groan in annoyance leaving him. Feeling a warm hand against his back, he tried to relax, failing horribly as he felt the rough kicks continue.

"Maybe they're trying to tell you to have the gig rescheduled." Rolling his eyes he shook his head at the words, puffing his cheeks out in irritation. Turning around to face his boyfriend, it would take a blind person to not see the worry laced in the taller's facial expression.

"Well they're just going to have to suck it up because that's not happening. And you know why. This has been scheduled for for weeks and we need the money. The baby doesn't get a choice in this matter." Pressing a kiss to the other's rough cheek, he fixed his grip on the case in his hand, using a finger to poke at the spot where he could feel the most kicks.

"Tord you know you should be resting. I thought you said you'd stop doing multiple day gigs until after the baby was born, especially since you get absolutely no sleep during them because of the baby. It doesn't take a genius to see how stressed you are over all of this. Just, please." Seeing the pleading look hurt him, setting the case down on the floor. He barely managed to wrap his arms around the other's shoulders, his legs starting to ache from standing so long as he pulled the taller into a kiss.

"I know, and I've told you a million times Paul, I'll rest when the baby comes. I get to the gig early so I can relax a little before going on stage, don't worry so much babe. The baby isn't even due till next week." Pausing for a moment, he felt arms wrap around his waist, two thumbs rubbing against his spine to help with the obvious ache. "If it will make you feel better you can come with me and make sure I rest, but I will be fine if you don't." Watching as Paul grabbed a coat from the hook, he sighed as he settled on the heels of his shoes again. Feeling his hand being taken, he couldn't help the smile over his face as he watched Paul kiss his hand.

"Let's get going then, you lead the way and I'll follow." Leaving the house, he waited for the other to lock the door before starting off to the bus stop he usually got on. The two of them were lucky that the bus hadn't passed yet, able to get on the transport with only a bit of difficulty on his part. The bus ride wasn't too long, but the time sitting was a relief for his aching legs. It was a quick walk to the bar that he was performing at that night, confused looks being given to him as he entered. It wasn't like he didn't know why the stares were happening, it isn't everyday that someone nearly full term walked into a bar and went into the hall leading to the back of the stage.

"Let's rest on the couch, I don't need to check the set for a while." Being mindful not to just plop down on the cushions, he had to hold back from laughing as he felt light kisses being peppered against his skin, his shirt having been lifted over his stomach so his boyfriend could reach. The two of them spent a few hours like that, himself taking a short nap before going out to the stage to fix a misplaced speaker. He must've pulled a muscle during that, because his back ached the whole way through the first day of the gig, able to keep a grin to his face to hide the pain. It never lasted long anyway.

Getting home that night was a trip, having to deal with a bus full of drunk men trying to flirt with him. Upon getting home, his ankles were probably swollen from how much he was standing, and getting locked out of the house was not fun. Pressing his back against the wall to the side of the front door, he could hear as Paul jumped over the side fence and into the backyard. Apparently an umbrella had fallen into the groove and that's why the door wouldn't open. Climbing up the stairs to the bedroom, he laid back on the bed upon getting undressed.

And Paul was right about one thing, he didn't get a lick of good sleep that night.

~

Getting up the next morning was a mess, his stomach churning in response to how quickly he sat up. That led to him on his knees in the bathroom, rough kicks from his baby protesting his position. Feeling a hand rubbing against his back, he tried to calm down more so he could clean up, rinsing his mouth out before brushing his teeth of the taste. After that whole bout, he didn't exactly feel up to eating, but tried to anyway for Paul's sake.