Countdown To Baby

It was nothing new for him to be resting on the couch, especially as of late. Thing was, this version of resting made his back flare up, not to mention that the was now practically stranded in place. Hearing footsteps coming closer, he glanced up and over the back of the couch, huffing softly under his breath at the view of dark blonde horns that belonged to his boyfriend.

“Welcome back to consciousness, elsker. Did you have a nice nap?” He flinched at yelling from down the hall, their roommates being the cause most likely. “Tom went to burn the tree since its been a few days since Christmas and wasn't careful with the lighter or the gasoline. So Matt's down the hall wrapping up second degree burns while Tom's cussing up a storm.” He nodded, glad to be brought into the loop.

“Help me up, your kid likes playing target practice with my organs.” Pouting as Tord began laughing, he was glad to be helped up and down the hall to their bedroom and the master bathroom that was connected to it. Doing his business and cleaning himself up, he was pulled over to the bed moments after leaving the bathroom, practically being lifted and put down on top of the sheets.

“Tord, what?” Feeling a finger press against his lips, there was a kiss placed on his forehead.

“Edd, relax. I know you're not bedridden, but you've been exhausted lately and the baby being overdue isn't helpful. Don't try to say I'm wrong, you've been falling asleep in odd places for the past week. So stay here for at least a few hours and try getting some sleep where you won't ache so much. I'll grab you something to drink if you want.” He nodded at the words, laying back against the pillows. He had his hands resting on top of his belly, unknowingly forming a heart with how they were placed. Watching as the other left the room, he tried to relax before Tord returned. Being handed a glass of water upon the dark blonde's return, he accepted and took a sip of the cool fluid.

“Thank you. I just, I want this kid out of me! They're so heavy and it makes my body hurt when they move too much.” Tord nodded at his words, and he watched as the other sat by his legs. He felt cool fingers running under his shirt and against the warm skin of his back. He sighed softly, placing the cup onto the bedside table as he felt kicks and punches trying to hit where the chilly hands were placed.

“Guess they don't like it when I try giving affection. They're just going to have to suck it up though.” Laughing, he placed his warmer hands on top of the pair placed against his skin.

“I don't think the baby likes how cold your hands are. But it feels nice.” Taken by surprise at the other scooting closer so his legs were under his own, he melted at small kisses being pressed to his skin, the chilled fingers tracing along where their progeny had been forming for so long. With how they sat, his hips were overlapped onto Tord's, a heat coming to his face within moments.

“Who knew that getting you into this position would make you so flustered.” He couldn't help but pout, trying to pull his boyfriend closer to himself.

“Shut up! I'd beat you if I wasn't so sleepy. Now get over here and cuddle with me.” Tord laughed before moving from under him, being pulled into a warm embrace.

~~~~~

It was a few more hours that he rested before waking up to strong kicks and what felt like a stomach ache. He found himself alone in the bed, and when glancing over to the clock, he sighed. It was nine at night and he was sure that the other's were resting or getting ready for bed. Turning on the surface of the bed, he moved carefully to stand. Getting out to the living room he was in for a surprise. The other three were sitting on the couch watching the telly, Tom holding a half empty bottle as Matt sat across his lap with a glass of milk in hand. Tord was sitting against the other armrest, remote in one hand and a teacup in the other.