Homewrecker

He couldn't hear anything past the yelling of the word 'earthquake' from the people next door, already having felt the ground shake for a second beforehand. The house seemed to shake on it's foundation, and he did his best to get out the back door. That's when he heard the roof collapse, the attic floor following and landing right on him.

Coming to what felt like minutes later, he tried to sit up only to find his upper body pinned under one of the beams that probably came from the roof. Coughing, he opened his eyes slowly and tried to take in his surroundings. There was now a gaping hole where the roof was, the overcast sky becoming the new ceiling. His hips and stomach ached, but he thought it was just from landing on his back and ass when the house collapsed. He tried again to move out from the entrapment, only to find his leg shaped wrong and the pain in his gut overbearing.

"Edd?!" Hearing what sounded like Tom yell for him, he tried to look around for the other Brit. He could hear wood and tile moving a little ways off, calling out to the other from where he was. Not long after he heard running and watched as Tom came up on his side.

"Damn your leg is in bad shape. Anything else hurt? Or do you just need me to dust off your face and hair?" Coughing out a laugh at the light joke, he groaned softly.

"Your arm doesn't look too great. And my back and hips ache. Probably not a good sign but I'm not paralyzed so that's nice.

"Yeah my right arm is broken, but that's not anything much. Are you sure that your back and hips aren't hurting because you're in labor?" Oh yeah, that was a possibility. "I'm going to use my left hand to check you, try staying still while I do this." Nodding, he felt his hoodie and t-shirt being pulled up before a hand lightly pressed against his skin. Well that hurt, especially when Tom pressed against the line between his bump and pelvis.

"I think your water did break but you're not lined up properly. Shit, the service is down because of the earthquake and the two aftershocks, I can't call the fire brigade to get you out or help. I'll be right back, I'm going to go grab some supplies to try helping you." Nodding, he heard the other rush off, trying to drag himself out from under the beam again. If only he could do that he'd be able to get finding help with Tom. It was a few minutes before he heard Tom rushing back, hearing things being dropped on the ground.

"I don't know how well this is going to work with me having one arm, but the longer we wait the more likely you are in danger. Your leg is broken below the knee visibly so I could try to pull you by the upper half if you think that'd work." Nodding, he felt as Tom's left arm wrapped around his upper leg, lifting the limb and holding tight. "Try using your arms to pull yourself." Listening to the directions, he felt himself moving across the floor. He glanced up to see where he was, hitting his head on the beam.

"Okay, you're out. Now let's get you taken care of. This isn't going to be clean, but it's going to be the best we can do right now." Nodding, he watched as Tom took out his flask from his hoodie pocket and set it on the ground before quickly fixing his hoodie into a sling of sorts. Was he going to get himself drunk before slicing him open?

"Don't worry, it's not for me this time. I have to do something to disinfect you. If I don't you'll probably get infected or something and I'm not about to have Matt of all people yelling at me." Sighing softly, he watched as Tom got some of the liquor on his hand, feeling the light pressure against that juncture. He heard a sound of warning before feeling the sharp kitchen knife being slid against his skin, able to feel the blood beading up from the thin line. It hurt like hell, it wasn't like he was told otherwise, but the shock of the pain was just keeping his mind. He tried to keep still, biting his lip hard to keep quiet. Again and again he felt the knife run over the fresh and bloody would, barely keeping himself awake. He could watch as Tom leaned over him, most likely to cover him from any dust getting into the cut.