Open Skies And Storms

I recommend you listen to Airplaines by B.O.B. while reading. You can thank me later. ヘ( ̄▽ ̄*)ノ
~~~~~~~~~~~

"You better not pull another 'Cloudberg' incident. I don't want to get chewed out because you're a shitty navigator." Patryck lifted his water bottle to his lips after speaking, his hazel eyes narrowed towards his lover Who sat next to him holding binoculars. Why binoculars when the radar system was right in front of the man he would never know. Rubbing his back a little the brunette felt kicks. How they had managed to procreate without the proper organs he would never know.

"Oh come on Pat it was an honest mistake. Besides you weren't the only one who got chewed out for it." Sighing softly he adjusted how he was seated in the pilots' seat as the radio static started. He was lucky that he hadn't grown much during his pregnancy, it would've caused more issues than everyone needed. Such as the one time they had to deal with a traitor. He had been taken as a hostage and had others known about the life within him the situation would have been more difficult. Patryck is quite grateful that he stayed a consistent size overall. It would've been hard to explain why he was gaining so much around his front, especially when he spends most of his time either on the shooting range or on missions. It was a bit worrying though, he weighed less than he probably should for being almost due, his small bump covered with the looser sweater that belonged to Paul. Buckling into the seat, he checked the controls before hearing footsteps behind him.

"You both know where we're headed, make sure you make it this time." Hearing their leader leave to the back of the plane, he made sure the other was buckled up before setting for the sky.
~~~~~~

They were in the sky for barely ten minutes before Patryck felt the discomfort and pain running through his body. Stiffening slightly, he let his left hand rub up under the sweater material and over the small bump from which he felt the pains emit from. He knew what was happening and didn't want to be found out. Steeling his resolve, he bit his tongue as another contraction ran up his spine. He dared not to glance to his right and see if the other took any notice, the cockpit growing silent.

"Pat? Are you alright? You usually have at least something to complain about." The words had him jolting in surprise.

“Here's something. Keep your eyes on the sky so we don't piss off Red Leader again.” Huffing in annoyance he felt a few small kicks before he adjusted a few of the controls. Hearing footsteps come from behind him, he glanced over his shoulder.

“Wow so pent up babe. How about we take some of that stress away? I'm sure that red leader doesn't know the difference between you flying and the autopilot.” Feeling hands on his shoulders, he shrugged them off.

“You broke the autopilot three months ago while fixing the landing gear.” He deadpanned, turning back to face the controls. “Anyways I'd rather not be caught fucking around in the cockpit. I just have nothing to complain about this time so go back to looking through your binoculars.” It went silent after that, Pat working through each contraction. And it would've been smooth sailing if his boyfriend wasn't a complete idiot.

“Pat I think I missed something.” He glanced over briefly only to look out the window and see all the storm clouds. They were surrounded by dark clouds. Growing worried by the second he stood from his seat to see if there was any way out of the storm. Falling within an instant he felt the entire plane shake and fall a few hundred feet before he grabbed the wheel. The force of his collapse has his water breaking, a stifled hiss in pain the only thing that leaves his lips. Keeping his hands on the wheel as another lightning strike hits the plane he tries to maneuver away from the storm.

“Paul open the control panel and try fixing the autopilot-” Before he could finish his statement the power went out. Now you may think that it's not such a bad thing, but this is a plane. A giant metal bird that weighs tons and will drop from the sky in an instant. Now panic. Through his labor pains, Pat manages to climb back into his seat and pulls the wheel to one side in an attempt to redirect the metal machine and land in the water opposed to the land where there was an absolute chance they'd die. There were heavy footfalls coming towards the cockpit.