Secret

[Thank you to Preggo Sauce on AO3 for drawing the amazing cover art. I swear I'm crying. ;3;]

This shouldn't be happening. The extra layers that were meant to hide everything, would probably cause him to faint of a heat stroke. His uniform felt all too tight. His baby was kicking up a storm, their hands and feet harshly pressing against the wall of warm flesh and blood protecting them from the outside world. He wished he could stay seated, but it seems life would go against him. Just like it always does.

"Red Leader, please stand." Groaning internally, he stood, his left eye glancing around the room at the other war leaders. As Red Leader, he needed to attend a meeting every six months as a way to keep the mortality rate of innocents down. And of course it would be just his dumb luck that a meeting that was scheduled for the previous month was rescheduled due to a natural disaster which had hit parts of Europe, keeping many leaders - Including himself - from making the trip to the meeting hall at the Turquoise base, at the allotted time. And that's how he found himself standing in front of a table, bundled up in at least ten layers, and attempting to hide his very overdue middle from the other leaders who still sat.

Feeling his baby kick out towards the rest of the room, he resisted the urge to rub the targeted area. He'd rather keep his baby a secret so the information couldn't be used against him. Feeling the baby move down more than usual,  he wondered absentmindedly if today was the day. He surely hoped not. Starting up with speaking of his insights, he could barely keep his attention on what he was saying. The feeling of his child's weight pressing down on his pelvis being a great distraction as well as a discomfort.

By the time break was called, he was already up and on his way to the bathroom. Being two weeks overdue made him a lot slower, and this baby was heavy adding to his speed deduction. Only just making it to the stall, he felt the head of his baby push up against his bladder, flushing out his system completely. Though it was more completely than usual, his body feeling near unnoticeably lighter, but lighter nonetheless.

After break, he sat back into his chair, the solid wood sending a painful shock up his spine. How he would last the next three hours of this is beyond him. Scooting his chair in as much as possible so his abdomen was under the table, he rubbed the spot where he felt the head of his baby, it causing him a bit of discomfort in the way he was sitting. Keeping his hands over his only barely noticeably deflated bump, he tried to keep his attention on the meeting. He or she was moving around quite a bit, almost feeling like they were in distress, which was odd unless......

Moments later he understood what was going on. His eye widened in shock as he felt the head force it's way down into his birth canal, the child squirming and kicking at the tight walls surrounding them causing him even more discomfort. Why now of all places?! This kid had all the time before this as well as after the meeting, so why now?!

Feeling the urge to bare down he ignored it, instead he closed his legs tightly, hooking his ankles together, trying his best to keep the baby from coming out during the meeting. Looking over to the clock he saw that he still had just under three hours left here. Just great.

He was trying. Honestly he was. It wasn't his fault that his baby had decided to come out during a very important meeting. Said infant was head down only inches above his entrance, or well exit in this case. He blocked out whatever was happening within his body at the sound of another leader addressing him.

"Red Leader, what is your opinion on this?"

"Excuse me?"

"It would be in good sense to pay attention, Red Leader." Well that's nice, the other leaders went back to their conversation sans one. The Teal Leader who has a base in the southern area of Sweden, looked at him from her seat to his left. She could see the widening of his eye and his near unnoticeable flinches at every harsh contraction that shot through his body.