Christmas isn't /That/ bad

He hated this day with a passion. The lights. The decorations. Everything. But that would lessen soon enough. He could tell that it would only be a few more days. That there would be five people who awaited this time of year. God he wished he could drink, but there hasn't been liquor in the house for so long. Guess this will be the first Christmas where he isn't drunk off his arse.

Tom glanced to the side, noticing movement. Regardless of who or what it was, he glared in it's direction. It was plainly obvious that he was in a bad mood.

"Hey Jehova. Nice to see you sober." Standing up with a struggle, he backed away from the hand that was placed on his middle. His sudden movement had awaken the sleeping beings resting within him. Using his own hand to try calming the small duo, Tom kept his glare at the other.

"What do you want, commie? Couldn't you see that I was busy?"

"Busy glaring at the wall? Or were you plotting to burn the tree again? You know what Edd said. Try not to burn the tree before Christmas. Don't want their first Christmas to be ruined do you?" The red hooded communist made a good point, sadly. Getting Edd annoyed and/or pissed would assure him getting tied up again. Sighing softly, he began to feel a little drowsy.

"Help me to bed then you arse. These two are draining me." Having his hand being grabbed, he felt the other pull him to a bedroom seeing as at this point it didn't matter who slept where as long as everyone could sleep. Being helped into a bed covered in red sheets after his clothes were changed, Tom felt lips on his forehead before the light was turned out and the door had closed.
~~~~~

Groaning softly at the feeling of kicks, Tom sat up a little and moved so his legs hung off the bed. Rubbing at the taunt skin, he could feel both sets of feet slow in their movement. Sighing he moved to stand from the mattress, the weight of both babies pressing down on his hips.

Waddling as best as he could, he made his way out of Tord's room and down the hall to the bathroom. He couldn't hear anything, the other two were probably asleep by now. After using the restroom, he left towards the kitchen to get a drink of water and hopefully get back to sleep. Leaning his back against the counter he took a few sips from the cup. Feeling the twins squirming around he smiled softly, before his expression falters. They weren't usually this active....

"Tom? What are you doing up? I thought you were asleep in Tord's room." The tired voice of Edd came into the kitchen as the brunette came closer. His hair was in his face and he was using the back of his hand to rub at his eyes.

"These two woke me up with kicks, not too uncommon. I came in here to get a drink before going back. What are you doing up?" Yawning a little, he felt the twins stop moving as much.

"Couldn't sleep." Common answer. Edd placed his hand over the middle of his friend and bent down to be closer. "Don't give your mum a hard time you two, you don't want to make him mad." Both laughed softly as the twins kicked out a few times in defiance. Tom moved to place his cup on the counter by the sink when he felt the twins pressing down harder. Gasping, he dropped the glass cup on the floor as he felt his water breaking one after the other.

"Tom?! Are you alright?!" Edd rushed over before the mentioned male fell over, holding the other in a sideways hug. A pained groan sounded from the other.

"T-the babies are coming! It h-hurts so much!" At those words, Tom felt himself being lifted and soon found himself on a bed. Breathing through the contractions he heard Edd rush out of the room only to come right back with towels, scissors and water.

"You doing okay? Do you feel anything happening? Want me to do anything?" The quick questions were giving him a headache. Hitting the other in the shoulder with the back of his hand, Tom spoke up a little.