Illness

"Has anyone see Trina?" I ask at breakfast, pushing through the crowd of people to get to my seat.
"Ladies!" Queen Sabrina shouts, making all of us stop panicking. "Some members of the staff, Selection, and Royalty have come down with an illness and will be kept in their rooms for the day. Please do not try to see them or you will risk getting sick as well." I notice that Trina is one of the members of the Selection still missing.
"Is the Prince sick?" Christy asks.
"Unfortunately, yes. Both him and Duke Mikelson are sick." Cries go up from our table as the Prince is confirmed sick, and Christy starts to cry.
Since ettiquette has been canceled - even though all of us tried to fight each other on national television, I dance in the ballroom for a while, and then decide to try to make more friends. I sit down next to Christy, who is reading a magazin, her flock of girls having manicures done in the corner.
"Hello, Charlie." She says, and flicks the page over.
"Hi, Christy." I say, and fan my yellow dress out over my legs.
"You really need to start wearing shoes. It's quite disgusting."
"You need to stop playing dirty to win the Prince. I heard you tried to throw him under the bus for something he didn't do."
"I sinply misunderstood the situation." She bares her teeth at me. Rolling my eyes, she continues. "Besides, no one wins without playing a little dirty." Closing the magazine, she leans in close to me. "You were attacked before the interviews, weren't you? Who was it? I'd like to be their friend."
Outraged at her horrible comment, I stand and cross the room. I will not do the petty sibling bickering today.
"Hi." I say, and sit down next to someone wearing yellow. "Charlie."
"Amelia." She smiles.
"If I may ask, why are you wearing yellow?"
"Amanda told us that the Prince liked you, so we started dressing like you."
"A word of advice, Amelia?" She nods. "The Pirnce is never going to notice you if you look like every other girl here. And Peter is infatuated with my sister, not me."
I stand and walk over to the door. It's about time I retured to my room, I think.