Amanda the "Witch"

At breakfast the next day, I feel terrible, again. But, I put on a fake smile to get through the day.
Trina doesn't bother me, but Peter looks like he's about to storm the table to ask how I am. Jared looks solemn, and the Queen looks regal. Beautiful. Just after breakfast ends, Trina and me dash to the ballroom to start planning more stuff, and to get away from Peter.
"What was the dream about anyways?"
"Wolves. Death. Blood. Mutilation. You know, the usual."
She nods. "You still look terrible, you know."
"I know." I reply, fanning out my dress. Lately, I've been wearing long dresses with long sleeves to cover up the scars, but it's so hot outside!
Tomorrow is the first party, at night, for the French. I'm excited, but not really.  Last time there was a party, I almost died, and my sister died. Elizabeth told me that it's fine if I don't want to go to tomorrow or the next day's parties, but that I have to make an appearance at mine. I told her that I'll be fine. But, will I really?
Trina gets called out in the middle of planning to go on a date with Peter, and I dance while she's gone for an hour. When she comes back, she says they just had tea in the garden, and talked about everything that's been going on. Most about he wolf toxin.
We continue working, and then go to visit the maids to see how everything is coming along. Swimmingly, I say to them, and me and Trina cackle at that pun.
At lunch, Peter and Amanda aren't around, and after lunch, Trina and I head out to the field to check on the work that's been done.
Riley and several other guards are trying to see what's happening, and Trina sends them off with a glare. Riley stays though, daring Trina to make him leave. That boy is too pretty for his own good. "What is it?" He asks.
"Like I would tell you, you rat." Trina narrows her eyes at him.
"Watch it." I say to them. "Don't you have stuff to be guarding?"
"We're on break." He says, and stares at me.
"What caste were you before?" Trina asks him.
"A Seven."
"It's not that often that Seven's are as pretty as you." I cover my mouth. "I shouldn't have said that. I'm going to go wash my mouth out with soap now."
"It's fine, Miss Charlie. I won't tell the Prince if you won't." He runs his fingers through his blonde hair. "Well, I'll be off now."
As Riley leaves, Trina punches me in the arm about seven billion times. "You idiot. Why are you flirting with a guard?"
"You were doing it too!"
"Less subtlety than you!" She punches me again, and I punch her back.
Amanda pounces up to us, looking happy. "What's going on here?"
"None of your beezwax, you little criminal." Trina narrows her eyes at her. Amanda rolls hers. "I thought you were out with the Prince."
"I was. We were walking in this direction when he said that he'd forgotten about a meeting this afternoon and ran off suddenly. And then I saw you two."
"Shouldn't you be busy planning for your party tomorrow?" I ask.
"We're all set. Besides, Serena's doing the worrying for the both of us. That girl is a nervous wreck."
"Maybe it's because she has a witch as a partner." Trina says.
Amanda fumes. "I'd be less worried about the other teams and more worried about your own. I mean, how great can a party be if it's planned by an emotional basket case and a psychotic wolf girl?" Amanda walks away, her red skirts sashaying.
Trina looks like she's about to cry, and nothing ever gets to her. "Hey, hey, it's okay." I tell her.
Her face turns red in anger, and I realize that she's so angry that she's crying. "How did that witch know about me?!?" She screams. "I told Nehmo, and that's it!! How does she know?!?"
"Trina. Hey, let's go inside." I say.
"No." She rips her arm away from my grip. "We have to check on this. Then, we'll go inside. We don't have time to fall apart."
"Yeah." I say to her. "Who cares about Amanda? Our party is going to be way better than hers. Way better than any party ever." I say. Trina nods and wipes her tears away.