Goodbye

After Trina falls asleep, I wander down to the movie theatre, where, Peter is sitting alone in the dark. "I'm sorry, Your Highness." I say, and duck out.
"Nonsense, what is it, Charlie?"
I slowly step back into the room. "I was wondering what Christy would think of popcorn. She was always reluctant to try new things."
"Well, I can soothe your thoughts. I took her here on our second date. She hated it."
I wipe away some tears. "That's what I thought." I take a step back.
"Want some?" He asks, holding up a bowl.
"I guess." I sit on the couch, a couple inches away from him, and grab a handful, eating the precious food with a small smile on my face.
"I'm sorry. For your unfortunate stay at the palace. It seems like it was the most miserable for you." I remain silent. "I will miss you."
After we have eaten all of the popcorn, he escorts me up to my room. "For all that it's worth, my mother loved you." He grabs a lock of my hair and pinches it between his fingers. "And I love the color yellow." He wraps the hair around his finger. "And Jared always spoke highly of you." He inhales my scent, memorizing it. "Will I see you at breakfast?"
"No. I'm leaving at dawn." I say to him.
"Then, I must say goodbye." A deep sigh racks his body and echoes in the hall. "Goodbye, Charlotte." He teases.
"Goodbye, Peter." I smile.
His eyes flutter closed as I pull away and shut the door.