The Bracelet

Sophie reports back an hour or two later. "Nehmo, the scary lady, is arguing over the fact that only Peter's wife should know about him being a wolf, not how many people know about it now. She said that no more girls can be sent home until Peter picks his wife and it is clear who knows and who doesn't."
I scream into my pillow while Trina tries to calm me down, but she ends up screaming into a pillow as well.
"I was going to ask Peter to he sent home today." Trina moans. "I just want to test stuff, not go on dates."
"I just want to leave this place." I sob.
Angela enters the room, looking scared. "Nehmo is headed up here with her guards and Peter. She looks like she's on a mission."
Trina scrambles up. "I've got to clean my room. Come on!"
We run to Trina's room and see Amelia coming out of her room. "Help us!" Trina screeches.
With the maids, we lock all of her alchemy stuff in her desk. Then, we pretend everything is fine as Nehmo walks in, seeing us three on Trina's bed, talking.
"Hello." She says.
"Hello." Amelia says, and curtsies. Me and Trina begrudgingly curtsy. Peter won't look over at us. "Good morning, Your Highness."
"Good morning, Amelia." He says, voice lacking emotion.
"Well, I am going to be personally be watching over Prince Peter's Selection from now on. All of you will be subject to questioning of the attack as well." Peter's startled eyes meet mine. "And I believe you ladies have plans for the day, so hop to it."
Trina's maids usher into the bathroom to help her change. Amelia goes down to breakfast, and Nehmo walks down the hall to talk to the others. Peter finally addresses me as I walk towards the dining hall. "You were crying." He says, running his thumb over my cheek.
"Don't touch me." I back up a step from him. "This is all your fault, Your Highness."
"I'm sorry. I can never hope to earn your forgiveness, but you know that this means you are still an official member of the Selection?"
"Yes. It makes me wonder if you planned this."
He looks at me, angrily. "I would never."
"I know." I say, and close my eyes. I take his hand and place the bracelet into it.  "It was Christy's." I lie. "She would have wanted you to have it." And as he looks down at it, I enter the dining hall.