Relaxation

The maids are busy creating attire for all of the parties, so I'm free to rant to Trina all morning about how much a jerk the Royal Prince is. She listens while making more of what she calls her wolf toxin.
I'm planning more of our party, and then, I'm planning with some of the carpenters, chefs, guards, and garden staff. I end up working through lunch, and I am feeling woozy when Peter catches me on my way to the dining room. "Where have you been? I've been looking everywhere for you."
"I'm working!" I snap at him. "Very busy!"
He growls and runs his hands through his hair. "What do you need help with? You look stressed."
"You look stressed." I snap at him and continue to the dining hall, before turning around and deciding to just head down to the kitchen.
"Well, I have a lot to be stressed about." He yells at me.
"So enjoy your free afternoon and go spend time with your mother or something! I'm busy, Your Highness!"
"Stop yelling!"
"You stop yelling!" I yell at him.
"Argh." He sighs, and follows me down to the kitchen. I place my order with one of the chefs, Winston, whom I've befriended, and is the meat cook. Peter sits with me in the corner and waits.
"Leave." I tell him.
"I'm not leaving. I told Nehmo I was spending the afternoon with you. She'll be checking in on us. And please act like you actually tolerate me."
I fold my arms and Winston finally comes over with my plate. Peter takes it for me and leads me out to the garden while I whine. "I'm busy." I say.
"You need to take a rest. Eat. Relax."
"I do relax. It's called dancing. I already did it this morning. What's your definition of relaxing?"
"Laying down, not moving, just sitting. Maybe reading, writing, doing whatever you feel like as long as you don't break a sweat."
"Do you ever get to relax?" I ask him, eating my light lunch quickly. He raises an eyebrow.
"Do you ever eat a full meal? You're skinny!"
"I thought men liked skinny girls." I say, monotone.
"Men like girls that love them back." He says, in a bitter tone. "Most of the time, anyways."
"Not in the lower castes. Men take what they can find." I stretch out my arms. He twitches his neck and flicks his eyes over to the doors to the garden. Nehmo is standing there. I pretend not to notice.
If Nehmo cares so much about preservation of wolves, she's obviously one. So, I have to watch what I say. "I'm sorry to here that. Were you popular among the boys back home in Carolina?"
"Never had time to be. I had to work 24/7 to put food on the table after Christy ran away."
His eyes widen. "I never knew that she ran away."
"Yeah. She ran away with the neighbor boy. A Four. When they were married, she found out that he was a wolf, and spent the rest of her time trying to run away. That was why I let my mom sign me up for the Selection, because I was going to use the money to help her. But, she didn't need saving, I guess."
"I-i-i never knew." He puts his head in his hands. "Charlie, why are you so selfless?" He pulls me into his body and hugs me tightly.
After a second, I lift my head. "Can we get some popcorn?"
"I will never deny you food, you skinny little girl."