Safest

King Sam takes over preparations for war, and as soon as I wished for simplicity, I have it again.

It's exactly like my time in Paris.

Dance all day, read all night - this time about equality movements in the past. Each one unique, and with different solutions, including our own issues. I stay out of the boardroom, to avoid more heartbreak - the issue causing me heartbreak being Peter's voice.

"I can see that you want to go home." King Sam tells me one night after dinner, when he's catching me up on the days events. I tug on the edge of my shirt, not knowing what to say.

"If I go back to Illéa, I have to face what I'm scared of, and that simply terrifies me."

"Telling the Prince that you love him? That's simple, Charlie. He loves you, you love him, and the war will be over soon. Come into the boardroom tomorrow. Trina wants to speak to you again."

"Okay." I bow my head.

"King Sam!" An advisor yells. "The phone. In your office. It's Queen Sabrina." He runs, and I run with him up the stairs.

"Yes." Sam says, running into his office.

"Nehmo is coming to Spain." Peter says, panting. "My mother is gathering the advisors again. I don't want Charlie there. I don't want her in the same country as Nehmo."

"Hold up." Sam says. "Maybe she's banking on that. That we'll fly Charlie, here, out, and then she'll hold her hostage, or something along those lines."

Inhaling, I steel myself. I have to not be awkward, and not be crippled by a voice on a phone. "I'm safer here than in Spain."

Peter doesn't miss a beat. "You're safest where I can protect you."

"That's where you think I'm the safest. If you want me safe, and not to be a hostage, then I will be staying at this castle."

"Charlie, I don't...argh." He's quiet, and the advisors start filling the room, here.

"I'm staying. That's final." I tell him, walking off. Sam grabs my arm.

"Dile que lo amas." He says. When I give him a blank stare, he responds in English, the language I speak. "Tell him you love him."

I shake my head. "I can't."