Foreign Dignitaries

"All rulers must have eons of diplomacy. So, in groups of two, you will be planning a party for foreign dignitaries. Choose your partner." Trina looks at me, raising her eyebrows suggestively. I giggle and pull her to my side.
Amanda teams up with Serena, and Grace with Amelia.
"Amanda and Serena, you'll be hosting the French. Grace and Amelia, the English. Trina and Charlie, the Spanish."
Trina gasps and looks at me. The Spanish are now ruled by wolves, and are allies of Illea. 80% of their country is made up of wolves that fled Illea from persecution by the common people. "Is this some sort of test?"
"Trina and Charlie, your party will be last, on Friday next week. Now plan!" I make a tiny screaming noise and Trina nods.
"Friday, that's the day before the full moon. I'm screwed. And we have the wolves!" I shake her shoulders, trying to get her to calm down.
"Okay, we'll make it work." I tell her.
"Okay, let's go to my room and write down notes. No, better, let's go to the ballroom so I can dance and you can take notes. I'm going to grab my shoes from my room and you go to the library." She nods, and I ascend the stairs to my room. As I do, I smash into a guard.
"Oh, I'm so sorry, Miss Charlie." The guard says. I look up at him to find that he's a total hottie with blonde hair, blue eyes, and a gorgeous smile.
"What's your name?" I ask.
He pales. "Riley."
"No! I'm not going to report you. I just wanted to know your name." Riley smiles at me.
"Cool. Have a nice day, Miss Charlie." He walks off down the stairs.
"Were you flirting with that guard?" Jared asks, walking up to me with his hands in his pockets.
"No." I say, and stare at him. "Even if I was, why do you care?"
"Girls in the Selection are forbidden from being in love with someone else." He looks down and clenches his fists. "The punishment is the stripping of your caste down to an Eight and a caning."
"That's horrible. And no, I wasn't flirting with the guard. We bumped into each other and he was apologizing." Jared rolls his eyes and continues down the stairs.
I continue up to my room. Sophie and Angela and talking with Trina's maids, Jackie and Priscilla, about dresses for the parties. I grab my shoes and head down to the ballroom, where Trina is looking at books of Spanish culture and some other random ones.
"Well, it's still hot despite the fact that it's September." Trina says. "So, maybe an outside party? Oh, and the day before full moons or equinoxes, our blood temperature spikes, so we are always hot. Remember that day when we played in the fountain? Next day I was "sick"?" I nod."We have to do Spanish food, of course."
"But they eat Spanish food all the time. They live in Spain." I point out.
"Why are you so smart, girl?" She hugs me.
"So, they'll be hot and eating Illean food." I add. "Where does that get us?"
"Back around to Spanish culture. Running of the Bulls? Bull fighting?"
"No. It's a party."
"Mariachi music?"
"Alcohol!" I clap my hands together as I put my dancing shoes on. "The Spanish love alcohol!"
"So, like, wine?"
I open a book on Spanish culture. "Well, okay. But, alcohol they like more. Like tequila."
I start dancing, and Trina keeps reading. After ten minutes, I collapse in a chair, breathing heavily. "I'm going to go down to the kitchen and find a snack." I say. She nods and keeps reading.
Down in the kitchen, as soon as I walk in, I see Jared frosting cupcakes.  "Duke Mikelson?" I ask. He spins around, looking embarrased.
"Ahh, Charlie. Hello?"
"Continue doing what you were doing. I just came down here for a snack." A chef asks me for my order and I order a meat and cheese and veggie platter for me to share with Trina.
Jared is a baker? That's so cool!
I head back to the ballroom and Trina attacks me as I walk in the doors. "Wait until you hear this awesome idea!"