Sophie and Angela

"Charlie!" King Sam screams as the carriage door opens and I pop out. "Oh, I missed you girlie." He hugs me tight, and he looks even less formal here, in his own country. "You two must be hungry. Wash up and then we'll eat, and you guys can tell me everything. And I like the hair!"

He runs off, morphing into a wolf as he does so, followed by a bunch of his wolf guards. "Anything you need, you'll have, you guys." A peppy intern tells us, guiding us inside. "And we have a surprise for you, Charlie." He tells us.

"Charlie!" There's a scream as we walk up the stairs, and I see that it's Sophie and Angela. "Peter fired them shortly after you were found gone, and we brought them here to keep them safe from Alpha."

"Thank you." I say, almost crying as I hug them.

"We knew that you didn't run off with Riley. You're in love with the Prince." Angela giggles. "We're treated like princesses here, and there are so many cute boys." Sophie says. "This is the best thing that has ever happened."

"What went down after we left?" Riley asks as we are escorted up the main staircase. A lump grows in my throat, but I want to hear it.

"We kind of freaked when you weren't in your room, figured you were out with Peter. Doubled-checked with Trina, she got freaked, went and Julian, guards couldn't find you, we all alerted the royal family, and Peter flipped out. They locked the castle down and searched for you, discovered that Riley was missing with you, the press got ahold of the story. Alpha locked down the castle right after Peter fired us in a rage, and King Sam's guys picked us up." Just hearing Peter's name leaves my heart a mess. Riley separates from us to get ready, and the girls come with me into our room.

"We may be princesses here, but we'll still be your maids, okay. We've been bored out of our minds, so we've made some dresses and clothes options in the Spanish style that you will like. No, love!" Angela dances around the room.

Both of them are smiling and happy, and I'm smiling and happy.

But I can't stop thinking about Adam being shot.