❦ - five.

strong arms slid around riley's waist, making her startled as she almost dropped her phone. turning around, she blushed seeing ethan so close and that he hadn't let go of her yet. with a low chuckle, he pulled her into a hug. the height difference almost made riley laugh but she didn't because of the shock she was pretty much in.

"riles, you're going to have to get used to this," ethan told her as he pulled away, with a bite at his lip that made riley swoon. "where you going anyway?"

"to my locker that's right here, then my mom's classroom."

"oh, i'll let you go on then. i was wondering if you want to sit with me during lunch?"

"sure," she nodded, putting the combination into her locker. ethan stood there watching her, giving her an uneasy feeling. "what?"

"nothing." ethan shook his head, letting out a laugh as he ran a hand through his hair.

once she had gotten her lunch box, the two made their way cafeteria. riley stopped walking once she realized they were going to ethan's table to eat. ethan noticing she was no longer beside him, looked back seeing her expression. "what's wrong?"

she shrugged, biting her bottom lip. "i'm just not used to sitting around so many people."

"it's fine, i'm never going to force you into something you don't feel comfortable with," he said as if it didn't bother him. it was also almost like he expected it. riley smiled at the fact that he was so caring.

"we can sit near the tree." riley looked over at his table seeing them glance at the two. they would probably just think she was interviewing him. she shook out of her thoughts, why was she so worried about what they were thinking of her?

there was something different about ethan today and it wasn't the way he was acting towards her. her eyes finally fell on his hair, noticing the blonde in his hair. "i like your hair."

"thank you, it's inspired by you." ethan grinned as he sat in front of riley at the bench, placing his tray of pizza in front of him.

"by me?" she questioned, finding herself reaching up and touching it. she glanced down at his face seeing him already staring at her. "oh sorry, i couldn't help it."

"you're fine. so just like i'm changing you, you are changing me as well. first way of showing my change is dying my hair. your changes can be different." he explained to her with a bunch of hand movements.

"that's cool." she nodded. she wished she could do something cool like dye her hair and pull it off. although it'd only make her look younger than she already does.

ethan suddenly laughed, holding a finger up, the gesture making riley confused on what was funny. "i honestly thought you were about to say that's lit. i almost thought you were hip for a second, riles."

riley found herself laughing as well. ethan's jokes were quite stupid but it did make her smile and it was enjoyable rather than irritable. but who even says hip? "nevermind, i meant to say that's lit."

"you're too cute." he loved that riley was beginning to be comfortable around him. she was showing her personality more and more.

"thanks?" riley wasn't sure what ethan really meant when he complimented her. she wasn't sure if he was flirting with her or meant it in a friendly way. either way, she loved the feeling she was beginning to have from his words even if she didn't feel that she was.

"what did you bring for lunch?" he questioned, glancing at her weirdly pattern lunch box.

"uh, just a sandwhich and these chips," she held up the small bag of classic lays. "i don't have much actually."

"i have grapes but i don't like them, you want them?"

she let out a laugh at ethan's scrunched up face, taking the small container of grapes. "sure."

"the pizza looks gross." riley eyed his pizza as she ate the grapes he had given her.

ethan almost looked offended as he stared at riley in disbelief. "uh, we have some awesome pizza. it's tastes great."

she frowned. "it's all greasy."

"riles, greasy pizza is the best pizza."

riley screwed her face up, shaking her head. "it's makes me feel weird. i'm also sure your coaches wouldn't want you to be eating that."

"i don't care." ethan grinned, taking a huge bite of the pepperoni pizza.

"i'll be sure to add that to your interview then." she smiled, biting into her own sandwich.

"no," ethan laughed. "i was joking. you were really going to rat me out like that?"

riley shrugged. "maybe. that would add great suspense to your story."

"if you want suspense you should just add yourself because you don't even know what you're in for."

++

it's short & kinda boring
but here's a update anyways