❦ - twelve.

after a few weeks, ethan was done with the football season and riley was a week away from having his highlight in the school's newspaper. ethan and his friends had planned a lake trip and he invited riley with no hesitation.

riley stepped out from the backseat of ethan's car coming face to the two cabins in front of her. ethan and grayson handed everyone their bags from the trunk, ethan taking his and riley's of course.

"so what are we gonna do?" riley questioned, following ethan into one of the cabin's they would be sharing with a few others. liking anything to do with nature, she thought the whole place was amazing.

"i think we'll walk to the shop around the corner, buy things for the cabins, and just chill out. they want to do a bonfire tonight so i'm not sure what we'll do in the meantime."

"sounds fun."

after everyone settled their stuff in, they all met up to walk to a shop. it had necessities like blankets, food, clothes, and anything you'd need to be on the lake.

"do you want something?" ethan asked riley who was browsing around all of the candy.

"skittles!"

ethan couldn't hold back his laugh. "okay, riles."

✧.*

the bonfire had started and riley sat next to ethan with her legs across his lap and her head on his shoulder. "riles, i swear if you get one more you're going into a sugar coma." ethan spoke, cautious over riley's sugar intake.

"i'll be fine." riley grinned, stuffing the s'more into her mouth. ethan didn't realize how much she loved sweets. she wasn't a junk food person but if there's sugar involved riley was the first one to get some.

"i'm just reminding you that i'm responsible for you and your safety. i'm concerned."

"don't be."

"hey riley, is this yours?" alix questioned, holding up the bag of skittles.

"no." ethan replied before riley could.

cindy rolled her eyes. "don't listen to him. you can have it riley."

"thanks." riley grinned, casually opening up the bag of small candies.

"oh my god."

riley ignored him, eating her skittles. "eskittles." she said just to make him even more frustrated.

after a while of telling stories and playing games, everyone was starting to feel tired. riley couldn't relate this time. this girl was on a sugar high.

"i'm about to crash." grayson laid back into his chair dramatically.

"same. see ya inside." cindy wasted no time packing up her things and making her way inside the cabin.

"yeah i need to take this girl to bed before she eats anything else." with that riley was on ethan's shoulder as he carried her into their cabin.

once reaching the room, ethan set riley down before plopping down on the bed. riley took her shoes and jacket off, making herself comfortable. she mindfully sat on ethan's waist, grasping his hand and playing with his fingers, something she did when she wanted his attention and comfort.

ethan smiled up at her and it was then riley realized the sweets were making her bold. she leaned down kissing ethan's lips which reminded her of what she previously ate, only wanting more because she loved it.

ethan sat up and raised his hand to the side of her face as he deepened the kiss. he couldn't lie, he was addicted as well.

so before the kiss led to something else, he departed from her lips letting his go down her neck kissing softly. but without thinking he'd gave riley her first hickey. riley giggled at the uncertain face he gave her as he slyly pushed some of her hair over it.

"your turn." ethan spoke unapologetically in his attempt to feel riley's lips on his neck. what's shame? he had none.

"what?"

"i said it's your turn," ethan ran his fingers over his neck. riley just stared at him, it was clear she'd never given anyone a hickey. "just do what you felt me do."

"if you want me to." riley shrugged, placing her lips on ethan's jaw, kissing down to his neck. he felt her effortlessly suck on his neck as if she'd done it plenty of times.

"damn riles." ethan watched her as she pulled away, biting her perfect lips.

"did i do it?"

"can you not see that?" he questioned, looking into the mirror that was on the wall near them. lo and behold a fresh hickey on his neck.

she laughed, feeling butterflies in her stomach. or maybe it was the insane amount of s'mores and skittles she ate. "ethan." she held her stomach before taking off into the bathroom.

"i fucking knew it. i told you," ethan stressed, running a hand through his hair. he rubbed riley's back as she released the contents from her stomach. "are you okay?"

"yeah, i'm fine." she shrugged it off, rising to the sink, rinsing her mouth out with toothpaste and mouthwash.

"uh.. don't kiss me anymore tonight." ethan stared at her through the mirror, shaking his head.

riley playfully rolled her eyes, pushing him out the bathroom. if anything it seemed to be him that couldn't resist her.

+ +

so yeah, there's that

do y'all want a visual
of his friends?

also don't trip
over the small
time jump,
nothing happened.