❦ - nine.

"someone thought i was a freshman tonight." riley spoke, as she sat on ethan's bed playing with the strings of the hoodie he had given her after she took a shower.

"aren't you?" ethan joked, attempting to disecretly tidy up his room by kicking clothes under his bed or pushing things into a pile. riley thought it was funny but she couldn't talk when her room could never stay cleaned for a week.

"no i'm in sixth grade." riley said sarcastically.

ethan grimaced, shaking his head. "don't say that. oh god, that's weird."

"what? you kissed a sixth grader."

"riles, enough." ethan laughed, grasping both sides of her face. "holy shit, you don't stop talking."

she stuck her tongue out at him. "hey, you started it."

"i know. are you high? did someone pass you something while i wasn't looking?"

"yes, just on happiness. you really shouldn't have kissed me." riley shook her head, not bothering to hide the grin on her face.

"i couldn't help myself. but-"

suddenly her smile fell as she pulled away from ethan's embrace. "but i'm annoying you? i'm sorry."

"no no, you aren't. i'm just as overwhelmed as you are. you're never annoying, okay?" ethan assured her, honestly.

riley nodded, she was just a teenage girl that couldn't control her excitement.

"come here," ethan laid on his pillow opening his arms for her to lay in. "don't ever again apologize for your happiness. i like making you happy because you make me happy. i'm bringing this talkative you out and that doesn't mean you're being annoying."

"thank you." riley mumbled laying her head on his chest.

"hm?"

"you said don't apologize so i'm thanking you. thank you for making me happy." she explained, staring into his eyes.

ethan chuckled, pushing her hair out of her face. "well, it's what i like to do best." soon enough his lips were on hers savoring every movement their lips made.

riley blushed once pulling away from him, running her hands over her face. "i'm a idiot."

✧.*

"hi." riley announced herself, walking into the kitchen. ethan had told her last night that it was okay for her to go into the kitchen if she was hungry and woke up before him being that their parents work on weekends as well.

grayson jumped turning around from the cupboard, holding a hand to his chest. "oh crap, you scared me."

"sorry, i didn't mean to." she gave him a sheepish smile.

he shook his head. "it's fine. i just totally forgot you were here. want some cereal?"

"sure."

"you can pick which one. ethan still asleep?" grayson asked, handing her a bowl and the carton of milk.

"yeah." riley nodded, choosing the box of cinnamon toast crunch.

"he's never slept this late. how long did you guys stay up?"

"i dunno, it was really late though." riley sat at the bar quietly eating her cereal. it's wasn't a awkward silence but the sound of grayson's phone ringing still made her relieved when he went into conversation with whoever it was.

the feeling of strong arms being wrapped around her made her jump slightly. she laughed feeling ethan kissing all over her face.

"oh?" grayson mouthed, glancing over at the two confused.

ethan took her spoon, eating some of her cereal causing her to push him away. "get your own."

he laughed. "why'd you leave me?"

"i didn't want to wake you." she shrugged, pushing her bowl over to ethan letting him have the rest.

"i wouldn't have mind."

riley nodded, laughing quietly at grayson's frustrated expression.

"girl problems." ethan shook his head, drinking the milk from the bowl before placing it in the sink. he then came back to riley and in one swift movement he lifted her up, carrying her back to his room.

"i'm guessing my size is an advantage? but i'm a big girl, i can walk myself." riley assured him, pushing the hair out of his eyes as she was face to face with him.

"it's fun to carry you. you're always so cuddly," he squeezed her gently, falling back onto his bed. "what would you like to do?"

"kiss you. no- i mean.." riley patted her face in embarrassment while ethan just laughed. "not that i don't want to kiss you. i do. i just didn't mean to say that. let's just watch a movie. i really dunno."

"you're so cute. yes we can watch a movie and yes i can kiss you as well." ethan spoke, grabbing his laptop from under his bed.

"litty." riley grinned, shaking a wavy sign.

ethan stared at riley, not amused as he playfully pushed her back into the pile of pillows that literally engulfed her. "shush."

++

okay so showing
this side of riley is
so fun and cute
asdfghjkl