❦ - eleven.

riley never thought she'd make a friend out of a bad situation that happened. when eyndia noticed riley struggling with an assignment she was there to help which surprised riley. eyndia was surprisingly there when riley needed help no matter what. the two had exchanged numbers and got to know each other. riley could probably say she has about three friends now.

riley was now in the library during her p.e. period. after explaining the situation to the coaches, they allowed her to stay in the library. being the daughter of teachers had its perks and she refused to be in a place where she felt more uncomfortable than she already did.

"hey riley." cleo warmly smiled at riley as she walked over to the table she was sitting at.

as much as riley was happy to see cleo she still felt a bit betrayed that she never showed up to school in a few days leaving her lonely. "oh now you're here."

cleo was confused as she stared at her best friend. "ri, what are you talking about? i was sick."

"okay, sorry.. that was shady." riley instantly felt bad. she also probably couldn't be shady to save her life.

"luca told me he saw you leave with ethan he other day. he said it looked like you weren't okay, are you good? you haven't answered any of my calls." cleo genuinely looked worried for her best friend and that's when riley knew she could never try to be mad at cleo.

"well i'm fine now. it was christen and her friends, i let them really get to me." riley shrugged it off. following ethan's words riley felt herself actually ignoring the situation. it felt good to her.

"are you serious?"

"yeah, i kind of just panicked i guess. it could've gotten worse i'm just glad a few people helped me."

"i'm glad you're fine now. i'm really sorry i wasn't there to help you." cleo sighed sympathetically, holding riley's hand to let her know she's always here for her.

"cleo, it's fine. you were sick and i forgive you as i always would." riley smiled, squeezing cleo's hand.

✧.*

"glad you're joining me out here again." ethan walked over to their usual spot seeing riley. she looked up from her food smiling warmly at him.

"happy to see me?" he questioned, sitting down beside her.

"nope, i brought my favorite sandwich for lunch." riley grinned, biting into her sandwich.

"wow, a hungry girl." he laughed as riley nodded in agreement. she was starving for some reason today and she couldn't wait for lunch.

riley gave in. "okay, i am happy to see you as well."

"i believe you."

riley stared off at the table with the most noise, instantly regretting it. of course it was the same girls messing with someone near them. riley felt bad for the victim. "why are people such bitches."

"woah, riley, woah." ethan frowned. he wasn't used to hearing riley swearing. it sounded like a toddler saying a bad word for the first time not knowing the effect of it.

"i know. i probably sound mean and i should've never said that but it's true," she shrugged. "that whole group's a bitch."

"maybe i should stop cursing around you." ethan stared at riley, curious to what she had to say.

"i'm just angry. lots of things annoy me at this school. am i in the wrong?" just like earlier, riley couldn't let herself be so hateful.

"i know you are baby. you're not in the wrong. it's okay to let your anger out and be concerned for people." he held her hand for comfort.

"i guess." she shrugged. riley has a tendency of letting people decide her mood and ethan didn't like that. his goal was to change that and make her decide things for herself.

the bell rung signaling lunch was over which made riley sad for a moment. ethan sighed at the sight of riley. "i'll take you somewhere today, alright? i'll meet you at your locker."

"oh and riles?" he spoke getting her attention. ethan caressed her cheek, his thumb on her lips gently stretching it into a smile. "don't forget to smile for me sometimes, okay?"

riley then laughed making him feel satisfaction. "okay, ethan."

"don't miss me too much, i'll see you after school." ethan kissed the corner of her lips where his thumb was previously at.

"ethan it really seems like you miss me already. we're gonna be late to class." riley laughed once again, taking his hand off her cheek.

"pft? no."

she smiled, walking the other way to her next class. "goodbye ethan."

++

i've been slacking
with updates. lowkey had
writers block but
i got this now

anyways i hope everyone
has had a good day. :)