❦ - fifteen.

ethan couldn't get over the way riley looked in front of him. she wore a black strapless bandeau top that showed her exposed her upper body, black high waisted skinny jeans, and patent leather doc martens, her true beauty shining. "you look gorgeous, ri." he was pretty sure he was the luckiest guy in the world right now.

"thank you, ethan." riley smiled, as the two walked through the big double doors. "you look very handsome as well."

ethan was taking her roller skating. he figured it was played out for a first date but he knew riley would like it because she liked anything thoughtful.

although the decision was also tricky towards ethan for forgetting how clumsy riley can be. it was her fifth time falling at the moment and she rolled her eyes at the group of kids skating by laughing at her. riley simply gave them the bird along with a fake smile.

ethan laughed, pushing her hand down. "stop it, the parents are staring." he said while helping her up.

"okay? maybe they should teach their kids to not be so judgmental."

"i agree but it was kind of funny." ethan admitted. riley groaned releasing herself from ethan's grasp, trying to skate away.

"where you going? come here," ethan wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her against his body. he dipped his head down to her shoulder, lips on her bare skin. "skate with me." he spoke, voice making her shudder.

"i mean, if you say so." she shrugged playfully, intertwining their hands as they skated slowly together. it was as if the universe aligned itself and a unknown slow song started playing amongst the speakers.

in that moment riley felt at peace, this happiness she's been feeling overwhelmed her. the amount of fondness she had towards this boy was more than she imagined. he was becoming her everything and she just realized.

✧.*

"did i mention you look good tonight? you really are so beautiful." ethan smiled at the girl sitting in the passenger seat.

"yeah you've said that earlier." he could say that a million times and riley would still blush as if it were the first time.

the two were riding around town, looking for the nearest sonic to get their favorite milkshakes. after a while ethan finally pulled into one that was fairly busy with teens hanging out. he parked in a lane, turning to riley. "do you know what you want?"

"tater tots and a cookie dough milkshake please." riley smiled sweetly, bringing her knees up to her chest, making him laugh. they'd eaten at the rink so she wasn't that hungry.

"of course, anything for my princess." ethan nodded, pressing the red button on the menu.

ethan started to order while riley went on snapchat, taking a pic of ethan with the caption 'when he buys you food' with a few unnecessary emojis. "taking pictures of me? wow obsessed much."

"yes, i'd like to remember this day somehow." riley shrugged, saving it and posting it onto her story.

ethan took out his own phone, going onto snapchat. "we should take more, i barely have any pictures with you."

"that's because i look a mess all the time." she mumbled, causing him to groan.

"it's not good to lie, ri." ethan shook his head, snapping an off guard of her and adding heart eye emojis to the caption.

"i'm serious."

ethan leaned back, laying his head on the seat, giving riley a look. "you always look good. it kills me."

"how do you think i feel? i'm comfortable with you now yet your looks are still quite intimidating."

ethan was about to speak until a waiter came to the window with their food. he paid and received their food, handing riley's to her. "what does that mean?" he asked her. although he knew, he just wanted to hear her say it.

"you know what, this is really fun with you for our first date." she tried to change the subject, sipping on her milkshake.

she knew they weren't too open with their feelings towards each other, and she'd actually tell ethan how she feels for him. she took in a deep breath. "well when i first met you i was too worried about not acting dumb in front of you. now i figure you don't care, i don't know. you made my heart go crazy and you still do because i never know what to expect from you. i liked you as soon as you smiled at me and that scares me. it scares me because i just look at you and i fall for you every time."

ethan gave a small chuckle, running his fingers through his hair. riley looked at him curiously, pressing her hands to her cheeks. "sorry i'm trying to figure out what to say." he said, thinking about his thoughts towards her.

riley folded her hands in her lap, looking down at them, preparing for the worst according to her overthinking. ethan lifted her chin up, staring into her gleaming honey eyes. "riley mitchell," he paused as a grin broke through.

"i know you might be wondering why i like you, how i like you, my plans with you. and i'll tell you. brace yourself though, we might be sitting here for a while." he grinned as his hands slipped down the smooth curve of her sides to rest on her hips as he drew her in, covering her mouth with his.

++

so a few things i want to address while i've been gone:

firstly, thanks for all the
love on this story!!

i found a new format i wanna
try so i'll be editing/rewriting some chapters. nothing too major so don't worry about having to go reread.

hm, i finally turned
16 on the 15th.

uh, i always come up with
new ideas for this story but i'm
so indecisive. i just hope
y'all won't hate me
by the end on what i decide
hahah

and i gotta get braces
and i just got a my
first summer job.
so there's that :)