❦ - eight.

after lots of begging and "riles, please come" riley was at the football game actually having a fun night. before the game ethan made her come about two hours earlier. she meet his friends and he also gave her a clean spare jersey of his.

so there riley stood in the student section, covered in green and yellow paint handprints, silver glitter, and a way too big jersey that she had to tie at her waist. despite others staring at her curiously, ethan's friends made her feel like she was one of them. she expected them to be mean but they were actually the opposite.

"whoa, look at you," cleo grinned, waking in a circle around riley. she then wiped away her fake tears, shaking her head. "i'm so proud."

"be quiet and come stand in the concession line with me." riley grabbed her hand, leading her down the concrete bleachers. ethan had advised her not to eat much, being that they always go out to eat afterwards but the fried oreos were calling her name.

"you always want food," cleo laughed. "i just can't believe you're actually wearing green and yellow after knowing how much you hate it. i also can't believe it's ethan's."

"i didn't expect it either."

"there you are, i looked up and you were gone," cleo's boyfriend, luca spoke to her before drifting his eyes at riley's presence. "what the heck, riley?"

"i'm not sure if you're talking about me being here or ethan's jersey."

"what?" he questioned before looking on the back of her jersey seeing the words e. dolan. "i was just talking about you actually being at a game but nevermind, i see you."

✧.*

"i appreciate you coming tonight. did you have fun?" ethan questioned her as they were sat in a crowded waffle house.

riley yawned, nodding her head. she seemed to be the only one tired and if it wasn't for ethan's loud friends, she would've fallen asleep. being sleepy and full of waffles did not go well with her. "yes."

"that's good. i knew you'd like it."

"hey, let's go outside." he said noticing how loud everyone was getting. he slid out of the booth, waiting for riley to do the same before leading her outside.

"you're glowing more than usual." ethan chuckled, wiping his finger across riley's cheek where she had silver glitter on it, the streetlights making her sparkle.

riley laughed, not knowing what to really say now that they were alone. "thanks?"

ethan pulled riley closer to his jeep before easily lifting her up and siting her on the hood of it. with his hands on her thighs, he stared at riley taking in her presence. "i missed you."

"i know." she smiled, feeling jittery at ethan's touch on her exposed thighs.

"there's like glitter all over your face." ethan laughed as he stared at her face. if riley was noticing it right, it seems like he was anxious about something.

"it's definitely not coming off for weeks, you didn't tell me there'd be so much glitter and baby powder tonight." riley pouted, looking down at her attire.

"c'mon riles, that's expected." he shook his head trying to avoid staring at her lips.

"i guess." she shrugged with a laugh.

the cuteness of riley was too overwhelming for ethan. at this point he couldn't take it anymore. "i wanna feel your lips so bad against mine."

"what?"

"are you just saying that or did you actually hear me?"

riley swallowed with a nod. "i-i'm not sure if i heard you correctly."

"i can show you better than i can tell you." ethan raised an eyebrow causing riley to giggle. he would be the one to joke during an slightly awkward moment.

watching as riley let giggles fall out of her mouth, ethan grasped the side of riley's face, bringing her face to his before softly kissing her lips. ethan tasted the syrup on her lips, wanting more like a little kid recklessly pouring it onto his pancakes.

the kiss lasted a few seconds before hearing the presence of many teenagers coming out the restaurant caused the two to pull away. "you two look like you've just seen a ghost, what's going on here?" a boy named jack spoke as he walked over to his car.

"just talking." ethan shrugged, running a finger over his lips.

"sure, we're leaving."

"i don't wanna go home." riley whined as ethan helped her off the car and onto the ground.

"are you sure? you were pretty tired a few minutes ago."

"oh yeah." riley was just happy, so happy that she didn't want the night to end yet and that's what going home meant.

"we could go to my house?" ethan suggested.

++

anyone else also
like this goofy riles?