❦ - twenty five.

riley stood at the staircase feeling like a true princess. ethan was at the bottom waiting along with her parents. she made her way down, careful not to step on her dress. "you look absolutely perfect." ethan stared at her in awe.

her off the shoulder, long red dress with a slit down the leg made her look amazing. ethan had never seen riley look this good before and he hoped on seeing more of it.

"thank you, e." she smiled as he took her hand. he held their matching colored boutonnière and corsage in his other hand.

lost for words, ethan shook his head with a smile, sliding the corsage on riley's wrist. once he was done, riley took the boutonnière and pinned it on his suit.

 once he was done, riley took the boutonnière and pinned it on his suit

"picture time!" mrs. mitchell announced from behind them. it took ethan a moment to realize they weren't the only ones in the room.

the two posed for pictures until it was time to go. "be safe, we love you." mr. mitchell hugged riley goodbye then shook ethan's hand, having a few words with him from what riley could see.

afterwards, ethan helped riley into his car before getting in hisself. "yeah, i'm pretty sure i saw mr. mitchell shed a tear." ethan said making riley laugh.

✧.*

riley and ethan were accompanied by the other dates at their table which happened to be grayson and alix, cindy and jack, eyndia and taylor, and cleo and luca. riley thought they all looked amazing and this would be something she'd never forget.

ethan's arm snaked around riley's waist as he leaned in to her ear. "wanna dance?"

riley glanced at the dance floor that was pretty full. she forgot about the actual dance part of prom. even more terrifying, it was a slow dance going on. "um, sure."

ethan stood with riley's hand in his, leading her through the crowd to the dance floor. riley never really danced in front of people from school before so this was a first.

it was also the first the two had even slow danced like this. riley was so busy looking around to catch people that were looking for her she hadn't even realized they were on the middle of the dance floor. "hey, relax. look at me." ethan spoke, tilting her chin so she was looking at him.

"i am relaxed." she assured him but he didn't believe it one bit.

"no. you aren't," he pulled her closer, starting to sway to the beat of the slow song playing. "if people are looking at you it's because you look so damn good. not at anything else."

riley released a breath she didn't know she was holding, laying her head on ethan's chest. she wasn't about to let her nervousness get in a way of a good night where she'd probably never have this moment again.

"i really couldn't see myself doing this with anyone else, riles." ethan spoke again, rubbing her back.

"yeah? i really couldn't see myself doing this at all." riley cracked a smile.

"very funny."

the two danced to a few more songs. it wasn't until the fifth one riley started to get tired. she also wasn't used to the heels she was wearing. "as much as i want to keep dancing with you, my feet hurt."

"alright, we can head back to the table." ethan nodded understandably, leading her back to their table.

after a moment, the music was turned down as a speaker got on the microphone. "alriiiiight! it's time to announce this year's prom king." everyone in the room cheered, ready to see who would be crowned.

"and your prom king is... grayson dolan!" the speaker yelled into the microphone. cheers were heard around the room and ethan grabbed grayson's shoulders shaking them in excitement before pushing him towards the stage.

grayson made his way onto the stage where they proceeded to crown him. "and now for your prom queen... alix kingsley!" alix stood up in shock. she wasn't the typical girl to be prom king so she definitely thought she had lost this one.

on the other hand, riley and ethan and the rest of their friends were beyond excited that the people closest to them won. alix strolled to the stage in her gold sequin dress that hugged her body. as she was getting crowned, riley fawned over how beautiful she looked. this was also a big step for grayson and alix as they weren't officially dating yet but were taking things slow in their relationship.

"i'm so happy for them." riley awed, laying her head on ethan's shoulder. he agreed wrapping his arm around her.

"always but we know you're the real prom queen."

++
honestly hope it doesn't seem rushed but enjoy !